Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taoiseach among FF figures called to planning tribunal

Options
  • 20-02-2004 7:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

Huzzah! :D
    Okay, so it's schadenfreude, but still, it's allowed, right?

From today's Irish Times:
    Fianna Fáil faces the embarrassing prospect of witness appearances by the Taoiseach and six former Cabinet colleagues at the planning tribunal next month. Mr Ahern is one of nine leading party figures who have been called to give evidence before the tribunal in the first phase of its long-awaited investigations into the rezoning of Quarryvale in west Dublin, writes Paul Cullen
    Apart from Mr Ahern, those scheduled to give evidence next month are former Taoiseach Mr Albert Reynolds, current Minister for Transport Mr Séamus Brennan, and former ministers Mr Ray Burke, Mr Ray MacSharry, Ms Mary O'Rourke and Mr Gerry Collins.

Two of Mr Ahern's closest constituency associates and friends, Mr Tim Collins and former councillor Mr Joe Burke, have also been called to give evidence about their contacts with Mr Gilmartin. More names will be added to the initial witness list over the next fortnight.

Between this and the ex-CEO of Enron being charged, it's starting off as a rather pleasant day today :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭jerenaugrim

Would the economic boom of the 90s have started earlier if so many politicos weren't on the take?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Shame they haven't got this tribunial on de telly. It would have been pure entertainment watching Bertie's make up run under some heavy questioning. Somehow I don't think he will look convincing say "ahh I have no recollection of the matter (or de cheque!)".

I hope they train Mary O'Rourke to say the right things as well or things could get really embarrassing!!

Yes thanks Sparks that has cheered me up no end :)

Gandalf.

Advertisement