Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Broadband for Swords soon.

• 20-02-2004 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

I heard from a guy renting from an apartment from me that IBB are launching in the Swords area soon. This interests me because we are thinking of moving there to live ourselves.
    They are trying to get a high site at the airport.
    Now correct me if i'm wrong but Swords is uphill from the Airport and most people in Swords would not have line of sight to the Airport, so what kind of coverage of the Swords area would they get (and how high can you go at the airport anyway)?
    I currently live in Bray and think that the will not get permission for a high site on Bray head.
    Best option there is on top of the church on church road :).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

Dunno 'bout the IBB rumours but you can see the Airport from the River Valley/Boroimhe side (South Side of Swords) but not from Rathbeale/Glen Ellan/Applewood (North Side of Swords).

What they should do is put a mast on top of the Round Tower in Swords :)
    Otherwise there is lots of other high sites near the Main Street, Pavillions/Plaza/Fingal Co. Co.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭MrPunch

From the roof of almost any house in Swords you can see the large hangar (the old Team AerLingus one) at the airport.

Swords is actually downhill from the airport. The Airport sits around the 65m contour while most of Swords is around the 50-30m mark (from my ordinance survey map)

Wouldn't use the Round Tower though, things a deathtrap :-)

john

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

This would be sweet if it launched over here. There is a radio tower I think which is fairly high and can be seen from tops of most houses. They could run off that. And to think I've just got adsl in. Think I'll still be getting this if it arrives.

Advertisement