Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone finally announces release of GX30

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Zion

Spec. sound very good. Wonder will it really be in Ireland in March though. It won't be cheap I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Well spotted, but the big question is how much is it going to cost...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Gonna be eye watering I reckon, going on Vodafones past record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

That phone is sweet, but obviosuly it will cost a bomb. Compare that to phones out at the moment and and their specs, then their prices...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I am betting between 400 and 500...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

whats a sim free Gx20 cost at the moment can anyone tell me?

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

dont care what it costs I am buying this what a cool phone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

one hell of a phone allright.
    but surely the pics would eat up memory and along with all the features like the mp3 and 262k screen eating up the battery life? that would be my only concern.

otherwise this is THE phone imo, has everything, even quad band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

Ye but it still looks as crap as ever. Features are amazing. Bit too gimmicky for me. I mean, if i want an mp3 player, i wont be relying on this phone. I'd use my own dedicated one that would blow it out of the water. And a flashlight? What the ****? Plus its the type of phone every knacker in dublin will have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Originally posted by Ronaldo7
    And a flashlight? What the ****?

yeah.......for the camera. (I don't think it doubles as a torch :p)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

whats a sim free Gx20 cost at the moment can anyone tell me?

An amazing €579 in the carphone warehouse, althought thats still locked to vodafone.

Memory capacity wont be an issue because the phone accepts flash memory cards..

As for Ronaldo7, how do you know the MP3 player won't be of equal quality to your existing MP3 player.. As for you statement about every skanger having it, you dont see too many skangers with 400+ euro phones.. How many do you see with the Sharp GX20?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

Wonder will it really be in Ireland in March though

Rumour is this phone is being launched here at the begining of March and will be around €400 with a contract ... that makes it about €100 more expensive than the GX20. But I guess we'll have to wait and see...

I had the pleassure of using this baby for a few hours today. It is going to be a very popular phone. The screen quality and camera quality just cannot be touched at the moment. Add the SD media card feature and MP3 playback and you are onto a winner!! Really is a fabulous handset!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    Memory capacity wont be an issue because the phone accepts flash memory cards..

As for Ronaldo7, how do you know the MP3 player won't be of equal quality to your existing MP3 player.. As for you statement about every skanger having it, you dont see too many skangers with 400+ euro phones.. How many do you see with the Sharp GX20?

Every single knacker in Dublin is going to want one and will get one. Look at all the popular camera phones. All the knackers have them. I dont know one person who doesnt have the existing sharp gx10i or gx20 . This is going to be no different. And there is no chance it will beat a dedicated mp3 player for quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Getting back to the point, does anyone know when this phone will be released in Ireland. It's March now and I'm itching to get one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

i'd keep itching a bit and see what news comes out of CeBIT (in about 2 weeks), e.g. Motorola's MPx 100 MS Smartphone announced last week would be a better handset overall, rumours are they will announce a new clam shell model if that form factor is a major consideration...

always worth bearing in mind operator specified / customised handsets are to primarily deliver revenue for the operator, which can be at the expense of usability to the consumer...

BrianG

Advertisement