Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leap Broadband V Irish Broadband

• 20-02-2004 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I reciently wanted to get broadband. Eircom said my line failed so did IolBB. I tried to get a new line installed by eircom. They never rang back. I rang them again and an engineer rang and said he would come out, he never did. I got fed up and looked at wireless broadband.

I live in Phibsboro so Leap and IBB are available to me. I signed up for IBB as it was cheaper. The only thing was I needed a connection by a certain time to view some content for work. After sending in my application to IBB I heard nothing for 3 weeks then I rang. I had not even been put on the list.

Angry and with time running out I rang Leap Broadband. They are more expensive but their Los seems to be much better. Within 45 minutes of ringing a sales rep came round and signed me up. The next day they did a LOS test which I passes. The install is scheduled for next tuesday only 3 working days after contacting them first. When spending that kind of money every month (either 50 euros a month on IBB or 150 euros on Leap) I would expect this kind of service, and I feel that Leap give a far better service with friendly staff. Also IBB have many hidden charges that they do not advertise regarding static IP addresses ect.

I would like to hear anyones comments on Leaps service, that fact that little is said about them on these forums tells me that most people are happy with the service. I also have been known to play games online and would like some ping times fomr the three rock transmitter. Thanks and Thumbs up Leap Broadband:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Similar to yourself, I rang them on a Tuesday and they arranged a LOS/Install for Thursday. Rained very heavily on the Thursday so they had to reschedule for Friday.

Good quick clean install. I am living in Santry and getting a fantastic service from the Donnybrook transmitter. Good stable pings. Synchronous service. And similar price to an uncapped offering from Netsource. (And I have no Eircom line rental to pay - so no winback calls!!!)

Overall I am very happy..

Advertisement