Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you happy with this year's ents guy?

• 20-02-2004 12:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭

Well I for one am not. There was s.f.a. organised this year. One lunch time act is all I recall. What happened to all the comedians like last year? Fresher's week was a flop and from what I've heard, Rag Week isn't shaping up well either. Seems to me like the students should actually put a bit of thought into who they vote for in future.
    Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Looking pretty **** alright, but i can't be blamed, i voted for atari jaguar across the spectrum last year(apart from 2). It's not all their fault though, with the way the SU in the previous 2 years had been coming up with new ideas and lots of entertainment, they couldn't realy be topped without spending ****loads. I would like to see something like the bungee again though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Doesnt even look like he's trying. Rag week looks like its gonna be thursday night everyday of the week. same ol ****e. Nothing different going on. Bungee jumping would have been good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

why don't you propose some ideas to the su?

Why dont I have the Entertainment Officers Job altogether. If he wanted suggestions he could have came around the canteen asking for ideas. He's suppose to have all the entertainment ideas, thats why he's there.

yeah but you should have complained before now , it must have been obvioius he was **** at the star of the year and to change things it should have been done before rag week. who is the ent guy anyway?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by loismustdie
    yeah but you should have complained before now , it must have been obvioius he was **** at the star of the year and to change things it should have been done before rag week. who is the ent guy anyway?

Ya, but i thought he was saving his best for rag week, obviously he couldn't be arsed. Dunno who he is. Maybe we all should get decks of cards with the SU faces on em:D Anto isnt even in a course, he has no distractions. He should have done more this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Chris P Duck

Ye are all great at complaing about how things are in the college. If ye think its so bad why dont ye do something about it, like run 4 da union next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

it's easier to bitch/whine/and winge, than actually get up off ones arse, and do something, and once you do that, then you become the subject of bitching/whining/ and whinging.

So anyone who bothers to try do anything becomes the receiver of crap, tbh don't know why anyone bothers anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I have to say, I really dont like this idea that if people dont do anything, they dont have a right to complain.

Complaining is a fundamental right of all people anywhere. People who cant change their leadership (due to dictatorship or whatever) at least can still whinge & moan about it.

In places where you can do something more than whinging it should still be acceptable as ideas need a place to grow. This starts with everyone pointing out what is wrong with the current guy/gal & then deciding what can be done about it.

And you know, I think I might run for something in the SU next year.

All hail, el presidenté Ivan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Originally posted by Aze
    Ye are all great at complaing about how things are in the college. If ye think its so bad why dont ye do something about it, like run 4 da union next year.

You really should have thought about how you would phrase that sentence before you tried to go all high and mighty on us. Rather overwhelming use of 'ye'.

On the matter of the SU, Richie just can't be matched(from 2 years ago) as entertainments officer, he just did **** loads for us to keep us entertained. I think last year they just threw money anyone who'd take it, and so we had comedians and entertainers every thursday. This year the SU(Dedicated as they may be) just don't seem to want to make us as happy to be in carlow this year as the last 2. Maybe they are in debt and can't really afford what we'd like to keep us entertained, I don't know. Maybe they've run out of entertainers or something. I blame the business students though, it's all their fault.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Aze

They were voted in to do the thinking for us. If they are doing a bad job we have the right to complain.

Ritchie was very good. He had good ideas, they seem to have ran out of em now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

Well Harry Enfield guy is back, quiet funny!
    But as said this year was pretty slow with the entertainment but the vote's were counted and we got who we got!! Just gonna have to hold out til next year and hope for the best!

she* probably said ye because she* was talking to readers as apposed to a reader so the way she* phrased the sentence is perfect.
    although this is a relevant thread to the carlowit board it's propbably wasted here due to lack of su members being on boards and the problem should be brought to the su. actually is that dexter dude the entertainment guy come to think of it because he is on boards?

* she may be he

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

No Dexter is Clubs and Socs Dude! aka Clubs and Societies Officer or some bullsh1t like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Headcase

ents guy is mick doyle, failed business student/muppet!

he doesn't have the same kind of money as last year, thanks to jp spending it all!
    richie actually spent alot of his own money when he did ents in the edge, but they were paying him as well, he was a dj trying to further his career! which he did, he's abroad somewhere at the mo.

mick could make more of an effort. read the blurb next week, two ranting letters complaining about the SU.

and Mick and Anto are running for SU again in this years elections, can you beat either of them. atleast some1 try!!

atleast some1 try!! [/B]
    why don't you?

Originally posted by loismustdie
    why don't you?

Why don't YOU?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

It's not just the ents guy, it's the entire SU that are a waste of space. They've done NOTHING this year and look at the state of the Blurb. That used to be very entertaining. It absolute crap now. And as for the jokes.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

There's jokes in the blurb???:confused: oh them yeah pretty bad alright!!!!
    So is it the people running it or do they just have no money to do anything???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

It's the people running it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Headcase

in fairness, the blurb has always been pretty crap. and i won't be running for elections this year because i finish college for the year in 2weeks. but i might run next year after i get my degree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

look at everything that the su did (yeah i know so little) and look at last year.
    budget aside the comedy acts were the same guys as last year, one of them (bald dubliner) was terrible then, people were leaving, and he was worse this year he had the same material, last year I heckeled him this year I didn't have the heart to. The hyppnotist was another repeat preformer and I didn't hear any rave reviews. Freshers week was serious rubbish. Rag week was a bore. I feel so old when i say "ah it wasn't like this last year" to my first year housemates, (who hardly ever go out thaks to the ack of nightlife). Even entertainment in the town Independent of the college is lifeless, The Foundry is a waste of time, The Edge or whatever the re-named it again has been crap for 2 years running (remember when it was the hot-spot and the foundry was free?) the funny thing is everything got dearer and noone did anything we just accepted it all. This town needs the student expenditure to run 2 night clubs and numrous bars. Our voice isn't being heard as well as it should be thanks to the "SU"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

carlow sucks balls & u know it! the only relief i have is goin home at weekends 2 dublin and enjoyin mesmelf. the ents guy and the SU r non-existent. even compared 2 last year. the edge is avoided by most ppl coz the foundry has every1 brainwashed in2 tinkin that its the bees knees and the cats pyjamas.

the top cupla headz in the SU arent in college for the year so u'd think they'd have time to do a bit of research into "wat the craic is" and organise sum shiznit.

I miss 1st year!!!!!

(also, i vote myself "Miss first year 2004")

Originally posted by The_B_Man
    carlow sucks balls & u know it!

I miss 1st year!!!!!

(also, i vote myself "Miss first year 2004")

Someone is after falling in home from the pub:D

That year was a good year alright. Bring back Ritchie D, he knew what he was doing

PS. New Show on Sky One "There is something about The_B_Man":ninja:

Advertisement