Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

client_unknown_to_auth???????

Options
  • 22-10-2000 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

what does it mean,it wont let me into a game,cheers if someone can help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Its something to do with the CD key. Leave it for a little while and it should connect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

ye just a bug in q3....
    wait about 3 mins and it goes.
    It's beleived that it accours when u to a server when ur cd key is in use i.e if u just dissed and reconected.
    But from personal experance it's this is not the case. 2 ppl on clan acid use the same cd key and have no trouble conecting to a server @ the same time.
    Altho it does have a habbit of showing up b4 a leauge game biggrin.gif

Narf!
    Clan Acid
    Clan Bio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭TOWN

ah sound smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Afaik,

If you happen to connect to a server and you change isp's and reconnect to the server it gives you that message. Also if you have a fuddy CD key it will do the same.

Its not a bug, its just not very well written.. when you connect to a public server it goes of to the ID master server and registers you. If you reconnect your ip will be different to what it registered you as. It releases your registred name after a few mins and lets you get back with a dif ip using the same cd key. Anyway... bleeearrgh... I think thats what it does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Predator

umm just connect tru gamespy to a server nad u dont need ure cd key or ure cd
    wotcha
    G.

Daddy or chips?

• Advertisement
Advertisement