Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scholes is Charged

• 20-02-2004 2:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭

Scholes charged with violent behaviour over Doriva spat

Paul Scholes has been charged with violent behaviour by the FA for his two-handed push in the face of Middlesbrough midfielder Doriva.

The incident, which occurred during Middlesbrough's 3-2 win over Manchester United at Old Trafford on 11 February, was not seen by referee Paul Durkin who was facing in the opposite direction.

But the Football Association has studied video evidence and decided to charge Scholes, who has until 5 March to respond.

http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/News/Story_Page/0,7760,776328,00.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

not lookin good for utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

never seen the incident wat exactly did scholsey do????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Finally a thread about a man utd player that wont have many utd fans posting on it:p , becasue whenever some1 does anything wrong for utd they find it so hard to admit that the person did something wrong .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

. ;)Scholes was wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

This is not 'Nam, Scholes. There are rules.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

deserves all the bad publicity he gets because afterall its usual utd fans who slate others like a cole and gerrard yet when it come to their own they quickly put their head down

3 game ban hopefully starting with the arsenal game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

well deserved ban and to the ppl whining about man u posters i give u a :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

United are going to fight the charge, apparently scholes was innocent. Fergie is such a sound bloke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by The Muppet
    . ;)Scholes was wrong

thank u muppet , admitting that must have been very hard for u;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Finally a thread about a man utd player that wont have many utd fans posting on it , becasue whenever some1 does anything wrong for utd they find it so hard to admit that the person did something wrong .

I think the same can be said for supporters of any team. There is already a thread similar to this one and loads of Man Utd fans have posted it on it. I didn't see the incident but I'd imagine it sounds like a justified charge.
    Posted by Jank
    deserves all the bad publicity he gets because afterall its usual utd fans who slate others like a cole and gerrard yet when it come to their own they quickly put their head down

So Scholes deserves all the bad publicity he can get because of something utd fans do. Makes sense like most of your unbiased comments do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by Big Ears
    thank u muppet , admitting that must have been very hard for u;)

No it wasn't hard at all.

I wouldn't believe too much of the AbU brigade here Big ears who see any support of Manchester United as being blinkered. I am far from a the blinkered Utd supporter that others like to portray me and can be critical of them when I think its merited.

In this instance scholes appeared to strike an opponent which is out of character fro him but if he is guilty as charged he deserves his punishment provoided its the same as otheres have recieved for the same offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

but if he is guilty as charged

this is what we non-utd supporters are talking about. IF? it was bleedin obvious he punched not once but twice. at least arsenal held up their hands and said we were wrong properly. to fight the charge is just another show of audacity by ferguson.
    it may be out of character, but everyone has their bad days. just own up and don't be such a....(insert appropriate word here)
    at least be honourable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

well said aliminator

Advertisement