Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy Let Down

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Originally posted by Memnoch
    actually FFX probably has the best story out of all the final fantasy games, or atleast a close best 2nd compared to FF7's story. FFX's story is really deep and has lots of plot twists etc. Sure it seems like a simple thing at the start but as the plot unravel's its a lot more complex than you might think. But then if your just watching someone playing a game from time to time you aren't really going to know much about the actualy story. I suggest you actually play the game through before deciding if the story is good or bad :)

Well I'm just saying that looking in on Final Fantasy 7 and 8 would have made me want to play them... looking in at Final Fantasy 10 didn't give me the same feeling. Maybe I just grew up between final fantasy 7 and 10 but I would glady (if I had the time) sit down and complete final fantasy 7 again however I wouldn't be the slightest bit interested in FF10. The acting didn't seem all that great... bring back text only ;)

X

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Originally posted by Death Sentence
    FF7 does have the best story i agree, followed closely by FFX , which is still a real cracker of a game for me.

This is more like a diet version of FFX tbh , but nonetheless, entertaining.
    just so u aint too frustrated Xcellor , i'll clear up some stuff for you:

1. You don't have the time to play it , thats a shame alright, thats why you didn't get the whole plot of FFX , which rocks. Basically, Sin doesn't just go blow stuff up, it's a form of pure Evil hellbent on killing everyone because of so much hatred in Spira [ their world ] . The summoners are there to try eliminate it once and for all, as you find out in X-2 , Yuna annihilates it and the X-2 story is set 2 years later, when they are sphere hunters trying to find out about the past...( i thought they weren't Youth League :P ) .

2. Yes , the 3 All female char system is a bit lame , but that ties in with the whole "diet" version they made for the fans till. And the whole "surfer babe" guises look silly but oh well, you can only admire the artwork. BTW, Y.R.P stands for Yuna, Rikku, Paine .. must be some sort of Gullwing thing :)

3. You spoke about summons, more about the lack of them..... well i'll clear that also for you: The summons were created as part of souls called Fayth in FFX , where they would help a summoner they trusted to enlist their power to.

In X-2 all the Fayth have been gone 2 years and there are no summons to speak of ( although i would have liked to use Yojimbo once more :) ) .

4. As i said earlier , Square-Enix only released it for the fans of FF as some light relief .

5. I agree with most of your last statement there also Xcellor, But i dont like 8 as much as i like 6 .. that Kefka is an evil fecker :D

Sorry if i rambled on a bit, but just wanted to give my 2 cents.

My little brother played FFX and completed it... He tried in earnest to get me interested in it... and he told me the story about the fayth or whatever dying but like god they make stories fayth coulda been resurrected or whatever! The only reason they didn't include aeons or summons was because it was a "diet" version and it takes a hell of a long time to program those types of things... Much easier to keep with the story that they are all dead.

Final Fantasy (I started on 7) for me has always had summons, GF, aeons... the minute you start taking out good things for the sake of cutting time and expenses you lose something that made the games special. Most of the games out now are just crap shot em ups that are repetitive and require little more than fast reflexes...

I was introduced to Final Fantasy at around the age 13/14... I fell in love with FF7 and it really was a whole new world....

But now I will stop rambling since I am among FF enthusiasts who can relate to what I am saying already

X

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

I am a massive Final Fantasy fan myself. FF 12 is supposed to have a really good story line to it. Who knows it might be just as good as FF 7! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Jujenjitsu

I was impressed with the X-2 battle system, the action was fast paced and hard core.
    However the 'wait' bar timing was a pain in the ass. When you select Blizzaga, you should bloody well cast blizzaga, not have to wait for 20 minutes while some purple bar gets an errection so you can do ****-all damage to an enemy that looks stupider than you do in your piss-poor outfit.

Other than this, my only quibble is the Break Damage/HP limits. In FFX, these were aquirable via weapon and armor modifications, these days- The break damage limit is only accessable through moving around a garment grid, which costs you a turn, and could inevitably cost you your life.

Advertisement