Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor IP address ? WAP!?

Options
  • 20-02-2004 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭

hi I've put a meteor sim card into my phone (nokia) and I'm trying to access a wap site, but I get an error it says "check IP address" I was wondering if anyone could tell me the ip address ?

It happens too when I apply for free tones!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

More likely, the problem is that your wap settings are incorrect. Ring meteor and ask for their ISP department.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by mada999
    hi I've put a meteor sim card into my phone (nokia) and I'm trying to access a wap site, but I get an error it says "check IP address" I was wondering if anyone could tell me the ip address ?

if you login to https://www.mymeteor.ie/
    click Download Settings
    click Load Settings

you can select your handset, the service you want and the settings will be sent to your handset

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by Johnny Versace
    More likely, the problem is that your wap settings are incorrect. Ring meteor and ask for their ISP department.

Why would you wanna ring their ISP department? Its obvious the settings are wrong and customer care are more than able to give you settings...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    Why would you wanna ring their ISP department? Its obvious the settings are wrong and customer care are more than able to give you settings...

My dealings with their customer care has been... bad at best. The people I've spoken to haven't had a clue! I just skip the hassle and speak to the those who know...

A simple "eh can you give me the settings for the Nokia 6610?"

No one can screw that up, to be extra safe, get them to fax/post/email it to you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    No one can screw that up, to be extra safe, get them to fax/post/email it to you!

Vodafone managed to do it to me... and they even emailed the details!

BrianG

Originally posted by DubWireless
    Vodafone managed to do it to me... and they even emailed the details!

BrianG

damn you and ur valid points :D

Advertisement