Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I wub my insurance company

Options
  • 20-02-2004 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

Allianz would not quote my car at all : "That's a sports car, we don't quote for that." wtf? If I was 60 year old poser trying to recapture my youth and never had a tip in my life you wouldn't quote me?

Quinn Direct wouldn't quote the car either : "We don't quote high performance cars." wtf? Who decides what's high performance? It's limited to 146 ffs.

Axa wouldn't quote someone my age. I would have had to be 25 and had a full no claims bonus. Next year when I'm 25 I still won't have a full no claims so bugger them.

Eagle Star also wouldn't quote for someone my age. You have to be 30 (yes 30!) and have full no claims.

FBD and Royal and Sun Alliance were closed and I couldn't get quotes off them. The guy at One Direct was very helpfull but he hasn't got back to me with a quote yet.

Which leaves my own insurance company streaking away in the lead, the field a mere speck behind them, insuring me for approx. €1,600. Pld Hibs - I wub u :)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Aye hibernian were the only crowd who'd quote me

Male 23 bmw 318is Coupe full licence E2700.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

what car is it???

Chief- that's not a bad quote to be honest, you should be happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

Hibernian ROCK!

Got a quote for a different car for my renewal in July(obviously not a valid quote as more than 1month away but an idea anyway.)

Male, 21, Dublin. '96 Honda Integra SiR(2 Door 1.8 Vtec on their system), Value €6000:
    2years named with Hibernian, 1yrs NCD Hibernian.(counts as 3yrs NCD though because the named was with them!)
    IAM Membership(30 % off after NCD applied, no restriction on engine size unlike IGNITION Scheme-max of 1.6, and lasts for life)
    :€1999 3rd Party F&T!!, €2286 Comp!
    And I forgot to even ask about the 10% off for no points...though at that price it could be included!!

They wont quote me on the Integra Type R, but I reckon my broker probably could get the quote as thats how other people I know with Type Rs with Hibernian are insured.

Now all I gotta do is import the car! :)

Rates have dropped all round this year also though as I paid €2350 this year(July '03-July '04) for a '96 1.4 Civic-and that was cheap at the time-Quinn Directs best was €3050.

And they give me Driving Other Cars which most wont at my age and Quinn Directs DOC is restricted - no Jeeps, Commercials or car-vans covered.

Quinn Direct have removed all Integras from their online quotes:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

I would only go with Quinn Direct if I had no other choice or if my next bvest quote was more than €500 dearer!

Too many bad stories about them. Though, granted they are the only choice for a lot of first time/young drivers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

Originally posted by Faltermyer

IAM Membership(30 % off after NCD applied, no restriction on engine size unlike IGNITION Scheme-max of 1.6, and lasts for life)
    :[b.

- I know this is probably a stupid question, but whats IAM?

BTW beware Dolmen insurance brokers. Was with them last couple years. Quoted me 1180 thru Hibernian in the post - I phoned and told them I'd just moved to Offaly(previous address was in Lucan) and they only offered me 12 Euro off!!! Called Premier Direct, same details, 1030 thru Hibernian.

Thanks
    Neil

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

IAM - Institute of Advanced Motorists
    www.irishadvancedmotorists.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

It's weird what you hear about insurance companies. I was with Quinn Direct before, because they gave me a significantly lower quote (think it was £1,150 lower) than anyone else. I did the ignition test and switched to Hibernian because even though their basic quote was higher (€150 higher than Quinn Direct), the discounts made the net premium over €500 cheaper. It was the same story the following year; Quinn Direct's gross premium was lower, Hibernian's net premium was €700 cheaper.

For a friend of mine it's the other way around. He's paying €892 with Quinn Direct because Hibernian quoted him €1,400 even if he passed the ignition test.

The moral of the story is, as ever, always shop around. I wub Hibernian and my 30% discount for having an advanced driving cert., but next year axa might quote me and I might wub them.

stop all this wubbing you mad hippy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I wub u 2 Tommy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Originally posted by Chief---

Nice one..

Jammy git.. :D

Tox

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Originally posted by Chief---

Yo.

How many years NCD do you have?
    And how many years have you had your full license?
    Are you in Dublin?

Advertisement