Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Laptop wireless options?? Whats wireless 2100 + 1400?

• 20-02-2004 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Intel Pro Wireless 2100 Mini PCI Card
    Dell TrueMobile™ 1300 Wireless (802.11b/g) Mini-PCi Card - Dell Recommends (+EUR 15.00)
    TrueMobileTM 1400 Wireless Mini-PCI card 802.11 a/b/g (+EUR 30.00)
    TrueMobile™ 2300 Wireless Broadband Router (+EUR 90.00)

Im configuring a dell laptop that im planning on buying. Can someone inform me of these options. I want wireless lan/modem, but what are the above options? Im not sure which i need or what exactly they are for that matter.

Also, is the below Dedicated graphics?
    Video Card
    64MB DDR nVidia(R) GeForce(TM) 5200 Go AGP 4x

Feel free to enlighten me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

i have the 1300, very happy with it! use it with D-Link604+

keeps connection good!

but i'd go for 1400, just for more compatibility(a,b,g), i doubt there will be any more difference between 1300 and 1400, if you are planning to use it at home with b standard, go for the 1300 one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Maxthedog02

15.4" WXGA (1280 x 800) UltraSharp Wide - Aspect Screen
    15.4" WSXGA+ (1680 x 1050) UltraSharp Wide - Aspect Screen (+EUR 60.00)

Is it worth paying the extra E60 on the screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

hmm, i'm not a big fan of Wide aspect screens, but i'd go with the bigger one! 800 isn't really good it's small!

forgot to add, depends on what you are using! i like playing with graphics and stuff, and big screen is good for me

and one big thing to consider is how are you eyes? can you see good? cause you'll need a good eyes for high rez screen! everything will be small! and if you try to reduse resolution everything will become blurry! so reducing the rez won't work!

Advertisement