Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD size restriction in MOBO?

• 20-02-2004 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

Hi,

friend of mine has had a lot of trouble with his hard drives lately. He broke two of em i think and corrupted the data on another. Which meant he had to format and reinstall everything. He reckons it's a restriction in the motherboard as whenever he uses more than bout 130 gigs of space the hd either gives up or corrupts itself. His running a gigabyte 7dx motherboard which really isn't that old. Maybe bout three years. His hard drive was a seagate 160gb drive and a samsung 180 gig drive

I'm a bit worried, cause i installed a 160 gig drive 4 a friend whos computer is a lot older than the other friends. His running a p III 1ghz Gateway machine. Im wondering if the chances of his hd getting corrupt too are high.

Has anyone got any clues.

Advertisement