Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrickmacross DSL enabled?

• 20-02-2004 9:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭

To date theres been no mention of DSL in Carrick. But when that new government site came out I seen that its now enabled. Ive done a few random line checks on eircom and Esat sites, some passes mine included and some fails.

I rang eircom yesterday they said theyed try another line check and call back today. so I rang them today sigh! :) and was told my line failed. Bye bye.

Hmm Phoned Esat.. quick line check .. fine. Sign up now?, hell yes. Details given and pack been sent within 15 days.

Fingers Crossed but Im doubtful because of the lack of any announcements and the fact that Carricks no metropolis pop. 3832

furez

Edit: Cripes meant for Broadband board

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Furez
    Edit: Cripes meant for Broadband board
    No problem, moving this there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Try calling IOL or UTV. Dont believe anything they tell you about your line. Here's the transcript of a conversation I had recently with Eircom that should both give you a giggle and teach you not to believe everything they tell you !;)
    Eircom Sales Person (ESP): Hello may I speak to Mr ****** ?

Me: Thats me !

ESP: Do you have a moment to answer a few questions ?

Me: Sure, fire away !

ESP: Thanks, can I ask , do you use the Internet ?

Me: Yes I do.

ESP: Are you concerned that while you are online your phone is tied up and people may
    not be able to get in touch with you and your family cannot make calls ?

Me: No!

ESP: Did you know you can solve that problem by changing over to a digital line ?

Me: What's that then ?

ESP: We split your current line and give you two digital lines so you will have a line for the
    internet and a separate line for your telephone so you wont have to worry about the line being tied up !
    This will give you a 64K line for the internet and another 64K line for the telephone which can be
    used together to give you a 128K connection to the internet making it faster for you, would you be interested
    in this?

Me: What about Broadband ?

ESP: Would you be interested in Broadband ?

Me: I've had BB since July last year !

ESP: Let me just check . . . no I'm afraid BB is not available in your area just yet !

Me: I've had BB since July last year !!

ESP: Just let me check again . . . . NO BB wont be available in your area for a few more months.
    Will I put you down as interested for when it is rolled out in your area then ?

Me: You're not listening to me are you This is the third time to tell you . . I'VE HAD BB SINCE JULY LAST YEAR !!!!!!!

ESP: I'm just looking here and BB won't be available to you for a while . . wait a sec . . where are you?

Me: I live in (a bb enabled area) !!!

ESP: Oh I'm sorry to have bothered you !

Me: Goodbye !!!

Regards

Tinky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Wait a minute...

... the Screen says you can't have broadband...

... no ...

... The Screen never lies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭Furez

LOL tinky Ill not hang up the next time an eircom phone drone rings. They seem to worth a chuckle if nothing else.

furez

Advertisement