Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Increasing volume on AVI files.

• 20-02-2004 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭

Guys,

I have a number of AVI files of different shapes, sizes and flavours. Some of them though have a really quite adio track, when played with everysetting turned up to max volume I still can barely pick out some dialog..

Is there any sort of software fix for this? I know if I am encoding any of my home stuff I can set the record level - any way to change this later?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Try adjusting the treble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i play all of my vids in winamp. the built in pre-amp is just the job for quiet files...

i'm sure there are standalone pre-amp apps out there if changing media players is too extreme a solution for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

virtual dub can increase audio volume on avi files iirc, google a guide for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Sometimes the low sound is caused when ur playing 5.1 tracks, you just get the left and right front speakers and miss out the dialogue from the centre. If this is the case, u can use ac3 filter to bump up the volume on individual speakers. Works for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Guys...thanks a million...Tried upping the levels in the WinAmp preamp...Now I can watch these movies...

Thanks againg everyone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

good stuff :)

CivilServant, these would be stereo or mono avi files, not dvd's.

Advertisement