Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paypal jes computer trouble

• 20-02-2004 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭

Ok this site is reall pissing me off now. Had to order off four different sites because they didn't have everything I wanted in stock.

Ordered off the other 3 sites first. Took about 5 mins on each one.

Been at jes for the last 2 hours. They don't accept straight credit card payments. Just paypal and payment in advance. Tried paying via paypal. Extra e50 just to do this. Set up a paypal account and tried to order then it tells me my paypal account limit won't allow me to go so high. They said they would send a number in the next credit card statement to get it higher which would take a month. Jesus Christ. Now in my order history it says I have ordered this stuff twice. So I tried the pay in advance method. No details on what they mean by pay in advance and apparently I have an order placed on this now too.

HELP!!!

BloodBath

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Ya their payment options are a bitch .....I mean what type of company doesnt just take stright credit card payments instead of adding on 50euro for paypal (and it seems a 1 month waiting time) + their fecking site isnt even in english (mostly).

m8 why dont you just send a email to them cancelling the order and get your stuff from komplett ? less hassle and they have a forum here you can bitch to patman if something goes tits up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

The prices had me snagged but now i'm after ordering from Komplett and Elara already. Is their anyway I can add something to these orders?

BloodBath

No you cant add to your komplett order ....You have to make a totaly new one (which is a bitch because i want to add a second heatsink to my current order)

You can get jeanie to add stuff to your Elara order i think they have a forum here to under Commercial > Elara

Has anyone else used JES computer?

What is the pay in advance system because they give no information on it at all.

It would add 200-300 euro if I was to order what I ordered on JES computer.

I've already added nearly 100 extra from having to order off all the other sites so i'm reluctant to do it.

BloodBath

i think pay in advance is a bank trasfere

• Advertisement

I'd have no trouble doing that but they give no information on it at all. What to transfer it to ect. That would suit me a lot more than paypal adding e50 bloody euro on to the order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

The information is here

Please pay to:
    Raiffeisenbank Weissacher Tal eG
    Account: 46 921 010
    BLZ: 602 618 18
    IBAN: DE97602618180046921010
    JES Computer
    Sulzbacherstrasse 142
    71522 Backnang
    Germany
    Tel: 07191-32260
    Fax: 07191-3226-29
    Email:shop@jes-computer.de

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

did you try emailing them? I've found their customer service to be fantastic. I needed wxtra bank details from them and they got back to me within two hours. When I was trying to track down GLS with my parcel every single email was answered within 2 hours. They're a fantastic company to deal with.

So, when you had all this trouble with your order, did you try contacting the company instead of bitching on here?

Incidentally, what extra bank details are needed? Does it cost much to pay by bank transfer.?

Cheers L5.

I wasn't bitching I was looking for information and help. They have fantastic prices but they are not a fantastic company to deal with. No direct credid card orders. No english even when you click on English and crap information. In the process of e-mailing them now so we will see what their customer service is like.

BloodBath

• Advertisement

You need the SWIFT code (also called the BIC): GENODES1RWT

If you pay by EU bank transfer and use the IBAN and BIC they can't charge you any more than they charge for a bank transfer within Ireland. I think AIB charge 15c. For this to be valid you shouldn't give the bank any details like the address or name of the bank - the 2 codes are enough.

Originally posted by BloodBath
    They have fantastic prices but they are not a fantastic company to deal with. No direct credid card orders. No english even when you click on English and crap information. In the process of e-mailing them now so we will see what their customer service is like.

With respect, you haven't really dealt with them if you haven't made any attempt to contact them yet. They're a german shop, primarily selling to german people. Its an extra courtesy that they have an english option available at all. How many Irish websites have a german language option? The english version, FYI, translates all the categories into English so you don't need to figure out what Lufter or Gehause (etc) is in english.

As for the credit card thing, I'm sure if you went into their shop they'd have no problem charging your card. But it is probably not cost efficient to set it up for the website (especially when COD or pay in advance seems to be popular in germany). If you don't like paypal (and I don't blame you) then use the pay in advance option. It only costs 15c (if you're an AIB customer).

Sorry if this seems a little harsh, but there's a huge trend of people who don't try to contact the company involved when they have a problem... The way I see it, if you don't get an answer from the company you should by all means ask for advice/help from others (mine would be if they don't/can't communicate well, avoid at all costs...) [/rant]

Can you do a bank transfer using a credit card??

BloodBath

No, it has to come from your bank account. You normally need to go down to your branch and go to the foreign exchange counter, and tell them you want to do a euro bank transfer to an EU account, and that you have the IBAN and BIC.

Crap more delays then. Long story but I need to use the card.

Whats IBAN and BIC???

BloodBath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

Originally posted by maxheadroom
    No, it has to come from your bank account. You normally need to go down to your branch and go to the foreign exchange counter, and tell them you want to do a euro bank transfer to an EU account, and that you have the IBAN and BIC.
    Yeah, but when the madness comes upon ya at night, you have to buy something then and there. Ya can't be @rsed waiting until the next day...

Re IBAN,
    when I was buying ram from shop4memory, I had to prepay at my bank. When I went to my local Ulster Bank with the account and IBAN number, the teller asked me why I had the IBAN number, saying that was only for overseas transactions. She warned me against using IBAN numbers if possible, as there's a €17 surcharge for each transaction. :eek:

Ya i'm after ordering 2x512 sticks of ocz geil ddr4000 platinum off shop4memory.

My thermaltake lanfire silver case and thermaltake silver purepower butterfly edition480watt psu from elara.ie.

And my p4 3.2c ghz c.p.u. and 2 u.v. tubes from komplett.

The rest is to come from JES. Don't want everything else turning up ages before the JES stuff.

BloodBath

Maxheadroom. If i am ordering from jescomputer, all i need is the IBAN and the SWIFT code is that right? I dont want to be charged the full price, i think its 20 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Maxthedog02

Do they sell laptops, and whats delivery costs like?

www.jes-computer.de, check for yourself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Maxthedog02

Cause, i dont speak German.
    And ur link doesnt work. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

theres a comma after the .de just delete it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

So let me get this straight, to order from Jes, you can either pay by PayPal or wire transfer? Whats the €50 for? Is that Jes's fee for PayPal? A bit expensive dont you think?

you pay by paypal or EU bank transfer. Paypal charge 3.5% (IIRC). Bank trnasfer can cost you no more than a bank transfer within Ireland - see http://www.eccdublin.ie/consumer/finance/fin_1.htm for details. If a bank tells you otherwise, politely inform them that they are in breach of EU regulations. They'll usually change their mind...

I'm not really into laptops so I don't know how their prices compare.

Heres the list anyway.

http://www.jes-computer.de/catalog/default.php?cPath=133_120&osCsid=a6e0b481ef64b62b061539a0506fae60

BloodBath

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

When I was ordering from JES, I first went to Google's Language Tools and entered the Jes domain in "Translate a webpage" section.

I ordered a dvd writer from them using the Paypal method (not my fave method), though the writer did arrive after about a week and a half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Originally posted by byte
    I ordered a dvd writer from them using the Paypal method (not my fave method), though the writer did arrive after about a week and a half.

Did you get it that late because you used Paypal or its just will take that long ordering from Jes regardless of payment method?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Originally posted by neokenzo
    Whats the €50 for?
    yes ..whats up with that?

Originally posted by BigEejit
    yes ..whats up with that?

Presumably its 3.5% of BloodBath's whole order

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Originally posted by BloodBath
    Ok this site is reall pissing me off now. Had to order off four different sites because they didn't have everything I wanted in stock.

Ordered off the other 3 sites first. Took about 5 mins on each one.

Been at jes for the last 2 hours. They don't accept straight credit card payments. Just paypal and payment in advance. Tried paying via paypal. Extra e50 just to do this. Set up a paypal account and tried to order then it tells me my paypal account limit won't allow me to go so high. They said they would send a number in the next credit card statement to get it higher which would take a month. Jesus Christ. Now in my order history it says I have ordered this stuff twice. So I tried the pay in advance method. No details on what they mean by pay in advance and apparently I have an order placed on this now too.

HELP!!!

BloodBath
    Just set up that Paypal higher limit thingy last week. They sent a 4 digit pin to online credit card statement within 3-4 days. The whole paying directly into their bank account won't work for me as I'm buying all the components with some else's credit card so as to get the VAT back hopefully. This person dooesn't have time to get to the bank to this up. A real pain forking out the extra €50 for nothing! Just waiting now for the stock on JES to come in. Waiting on Samsung 160GB HDD. Wanted to get Hercules Prophetview 920 Pro DVI but it's out of stock in every online shop in the world as far as I can see. Was going to get the Hyundai ImageQuest Q17 but recieved an email back from JES but have just been informed by JES via email (very quick response BTW) that I'll have to wait approx 3 weeks! Might go for LG 1710B now!

Advertisement