Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paypal jes computer trouble

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by neokenzo
    Did you get it that late because you used Paypal or its just will take that long ordering from Jes regardless of payment method?

I'm not sure to be honest, but I got an email (telling order was despatched) from them 2 days before the parcel arrived so I guess it may be because of the method I used. Maybe these things need clearance or else they're just generally slow with mail orders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

The paypal clearance is almost immediate. If you got your package late it was probably down to GLS delivering. I find Jes-computer to be great. Prices are great - don't mind using paypal (have an account from my ebay buying days anyway). The only downside is the delivery - do not select GLS! They are terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

The only alternative to GLS is german mail which would be even slower. Dissapointed that they don't offer dhl in the delivery options also.

I got an e-mail back from them anyway. Very helpful. I'm going to pay directly into their account.

shop4memory mailed me back saying they couldn't process the order as my name didn't match the one on the card. Jesus I used a friends card. Gonna have to sort this out now as well.

BloodBath

Also what is this swiftcode and where do I get it?

I have the order placed but if I transfer money to their account how will they know it's me? I presume this is what the swiftcode is for but they never send me a code.

BloodBath

Sorry just seen they sent me a mail with it. Cheers for your help lads.

BloodBath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

Originally posted by El_MUERkO
    A small thing that will quickly speed up the delivery of your parts.

If you are paying in advance you fill out a form in the bank, one item on the form that speeds up payment is the Swift Code.

This isnt given to you in the payment details section for some odd reason but it is in the 'contact us' section of the website.

So remember to fill in the Swift Code: GENODES1RWT and you'll get your computer bits quicker :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,654 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Thanks maxheadroom for that very useful information :)
    Originally posted by BloodBath
    shop4memory mailed me back saying they couldn't process the order as my name didn't match the one on the card.

Had that with them as well and funny thing is my name did match the credit card. Ended up collecting the ram from Celbridge myself :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

The only alternative to GLS is german mail which would be even slower. Dissapointed that they don't offer dhl in the delivery options also.

Don't German Mail *OWN* DHL? And don't they pass their packages off to DHL for worldwide delivery? I know that the deutche post website redirects to DHL for any tracking enquiries...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭savemejebus

slightly off topic but won't all laptops ordered from jes have the german keyboard layout

yep - same with the keyboards (and the z and y are swapped - very annoying... )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

The most common system for payment in germany is IBAN - transfer of funds to their account - a system that works very well there and is more cost effective than credit card - another reason they have reasonable prices.
    Its unfortunate that its more hassle for us to tie in with this system ie. there are more bank fees and it takes longer - but this shouldnt reflect badly on them as in all probability 95% of their customers are likely to be german based...

Crap so german mail own and use DHL then. Can't say I knew that. All I can say is balls. Didn't want to use GLS. Maybe if I mail them they can change it as I haven't transfered the money yet.

BloodBath

I'm not entirely sure - but if they don't use DHL it'll probably be SDS. Either option would be better than GLS...

Also filling out the IBAN form who do I make as the beneficiary??

BloodBath

What bank? It shouldn't matter anyway - I think I just put down jes-computer...

yeah, JES Computer should do it.

Ok cheers for all the help guys.

I have everything ordered. It's just a case of waiting for it now and hoping no other problems arise.

Will post when everything arrives.

BloodBath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Originally posted by maxheadroom
    yep - same with the keyboards (and the z and y are swapped - very annoying... )
    Never even crossed my mind. I ordered a load of components from them yesterday including a Logitech Cordless Desktop MX (keyboard & mouse). I've just emailed asking them if the keyboard layout will be german and if so, would they have any english layout keyboards and cancel the german keyboard. I'm clutching at straws I think. I also payed through paypal so according to other threads, the money will be reimbursed into paypal account, which I had no intention of using again! Any advice/comments?:confused:

Just got a reply back from JES inside 20 mins - excellent. The keyboard has a german layout so they've cancelled that from my order and said they'd transfer the money back into my account. Does that mean they'll transfer the money back into Paypal or credit card?

The keyboard thing is a drag - extremely annoying. You will get used to it but the worst case scenario is where you consistently use both types of keyboard - say an english keyboard at work and a german keyboard at home - now that will drive you insane and is to be avoided.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

it'll probably be your paypal account. So you'll have a credit balance.

Could you not just swap the keys and change them in windows?

BloodBath

Could you not just swap the keys and change them in windows?

BloodBath
    Butcher up a brand new keyboard! No thanx. Also, you'd have the umlaut's and scharpes (double s - not sure it that's spelled correctly) amd other such german things and might not have other symbols that I'm used to. Oredered english version from overclockers yesterday and cancelled german one. Thanks for idea though.

Well i've just ordered a load of stuff from a german site including a good keyboard.

Forgot they had the keys arranged differently. Is it only the z and the y? At least it's not the french keyboard.

It's not exactly butchering a keyboard removing one key and swapping it with another. They just pop out. I think you can just change it in windows as well to the english/american standard qwerty layout without any bother.

At least I hope so.

BloodBath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

Originally posted by aaf
    Just got a reply back from JES inside 20 mins - excellent. The keyboard has a german layout so they've cancelled that from my order and said they'd transfer the money back into my account. Does that mean they'll transfer the money back into Paypal or credit card?

Out of interest what email address did you use, the shop@ one? Because i've never gotten a quick response from this crowd sometimes not even a response. To phone them is to shoot yourself in the foot! Even if you do get someone and on the occasions i did, that persons comprehension of the english language is laughable. I attempted to explain in german and receive rapid fire Deutch and even more confusion.

I'll take you back to Jan when foolish me decided to order a NEC dvd writer. The whole process took at least 4 weeks to sort. With GLS not being able to locate me, they tried on 2 separate occasions and on the 3rd finally found me (well done! GLS). It's funny cos many other shipping companies from around the world can find me no bother at that particular address. Anyway to me delight i found the drive was a dud (drive tray does not seem to wanna come out - maybe it's shy?). So (pretty livid now) i go along the process of RMAing this POS. Have not received a reply to any of mails as of yet! :mad:

Anyway there's more detail but i won't go on. I just hope to christ for the rest of you this is a rare incident.

Have just recently (through gritted teeth) ordered something else of them for a friend. I'll keep you updated....?:dunno:

Originally posted by Ebonyks
    Out of interest what email address did you use, the shop@ one? Because i've never gotten a quick response from this crowd sometimes not even a response. To phone them is to shoot yourself in the foot! Even if you do get someone and on the occasions i did, that persons comprehension of the english language is laughable. I attempted to explain in german and receive rapid fire Deutch and even more confusion.

I'll take you back to Jan when foolish me decided to order a NEC dvd writer. The whole process took at least 4 weeks to sort. With GLS not being able to locate me, they tried on 2 separate occasions and on the 3rd finally found me (well done! GLS). It's funny cos many other shipping companies from around the world can find me no bother at that particular address. Anyway to me delight i found the drive was a dud (drive tray does not seem to wanna come out - maybe it's shy?). So (pretty livid now) i go along the process of RMAing this POS. Have not received a reply to any of mails as of yet! :mad:

Anyway there's more detail but i won't go on. I just hope to christ for the rest of you this is a rare incident.

Have just recently (through gritted teeth) ordered something else of them for a friend. I'll keep you updated....?:dunno:
    I used the shop@jes-computer.de email address a few times over the last 2 weeks and they have responded very promptly. I asked about out of stock items and then I cancelled that german layout keyboard yesterday without any problems. Haven't received my order from them yet as it should be due late next week due to out of stock items holding up the show.

With regard GLS, they suck. I have an order from Komplett and Overclockers which they tried to deliver yesterday but I wasn't there. I've being trying all day to get in contact with them on the phone to arrange a time or collection (they are based within a 10 minute drive from where I live) but NOBODY answers the phone in that place. I remember having the same problem before Xmas with stuff I ordered from Amazon. Useless service!

Advertisement