Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairing Audio/Volume on an mp3

Options
  • 21-02-2004 2:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭

A Chairde,

I was recording something from an internet live radio stream and by accident was recording the mic as oppossed to the stereo mix.

I can hear the volume of the file slighlty when I turn the volume up very, very loud so I know its lurking in the background somewhere!

Does anyone know a proggie/tools that will increase the volume on that channel and normalize it so its ok to listen to. [Freeware/Shareware preferably]

Appreciate the help, because I was recording it for someone and it was LIVE !!

Thx,
    David

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Ages ago (the last time I edited an mp3) I used a program called Goldwave to increase the volume of the sound so that you can hear it at normal volume (although i'm not too sure about what it might do to the back ground noices and might sound like a crappy radio turned up loud) sure it can't hurt to try.

Gl,
    Rob

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

You know me better than that Adam, I've already searched!

The problem is not as simple as just normalizing really- I have tried that. I need something to pick up a particular channel and isolate everything else.

Havent really done any of this since the ould IrelandOffline days :p so I'm sure there is some super duper proggie that will do this

// without me adding endless amts of crud freeware to my machine //

Thx

Advertisement