Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What if...

• 21-02-2004 5:24am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Esat upped the downstream to 640Kbps...would you stay on the higher price product or move down?

;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Richard Dower
    Esat upped the downstream to 640Kbps...would you stay on the higher price product or move down?
    ESAT are just reselling the service - they don't set the technical specs.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

upping the speed is also a waste of time when theres a cap to consider. You would just end up using it even faster than you are now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

The up in speed would only be usefull to people who download. But with a cap, theres no need for a speed boost, you can still only download your 8gigs a month.

I tihnk lower pings would benefit people more, but thats unlikely to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I think he asked you to jump aboard the "what if" train.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

I'd still like to download faster, even if I couldn't download more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Up the cap to 15 gig would be far better than more speed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

What about video links etc.?
    I think the 128K upload is pretty shi tbh

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

is that all it is

sheesh

/me is still stuct on dial-up at present

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Personally, speed is more inportant then caps. I have never gone over the cap, if fact i used only about 2-3GB per month.

What i want is the ability to spend LESS time at the PC downloading, caps are for download freaks tryna getting stuff for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Originally posted by bizmark
    Up the cap to 15 gig would be far better than more speed

i think that's a fair cap tbh it gives you 500megs a day roughly i'd be happy with that and it would make me ditch my isdn.

• Advertisement
Advertisement