Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is the sims any gud

Options
  • 21-02-2004 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Needa know if the sims is N.E gud, help apprerciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I think you should spend a bit more time in school and get to grips with basic sentence construction rather than playing games.

But as for is The Sims any good, well yes it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I think it’s the worse game in the world tbh.....With more crappy add on than Pamela Anderson

But sure what ever floats your boat i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Groundhog Day!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

It's good for about 30 minutes but there's very little to it. It's just selling well because of the reality TV boom in the last 5 years and because any non-gamer can play it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Originally posted by Rev Hellfire
    I think you should spend a bit more time in school and get to grips with basic sentence construction rather than playing games.

But as for is The Sims any good, well yes it is.

haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Depends, for pc you'll get about a week, then about a day per expansion pack before it gets boring

For console, afaik, you have goals and such-like, which makes the game more interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

You'll play it and half a minimal amount of fun until you ask yourself 'wtf am I doing in this game?' then you will uninstall it, put it on a shelf, and let it gather dust for several years before throwing it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

My little sister plays it all the time but she also completed Shenmue, ff7 and Zelda Ocarina of time before she was ten years of age, so there is little logic to my point. Its an okay game(pc version) in small doses but I personally found it to get on my tits after thirty minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I played it for a while until I realised that I was more concerned about the state of sims house than my own. I found it tedious, the only interesting thing was building the house and even that got boring after I ran out of cash.

But hey at least the general public like it, and it doesn't cause kids to go kill all their schoolmates like Doom does.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

i quite liked the sims, for about a week. but now it's a huge pile of **** that has been milked to death and back. i mean come on, the latest version, "Making Magic", all they have done is, basically, put in cheats and called it magic. it's a disgrace. and even worse is the packs with more than one game in it. like the "Double Deluxe". yes, now i can have te same game's i've already bought, in one big package.

If you read PcZone, you'll see the new and improved charts. 100% sims free. finally.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

one of the worst games ever i think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

raphael, thats not yuor knob in the sig..

its more your handle than anything

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Originally posted by DRakE
    raphael, thats not yuor knob in the sig..

its more your handle than anything

very witty:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

very dull game....after you kill all your sims (a room with no doors....let them starve and continously wet themselves...) it gets even worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

First I thought it was boring but you can download new skins, houses, furniture, moves and so on plus you can download haxored items (i got a chair that makes your family a million dollars richer every time sb sits in it). It's a lot more fun when you don't have to worry about money and careers as you can build all kinds of cool houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭emmemm

So is the sims bustin out NE better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

NE?, New england?, North East?,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭crowl

Good game but destroyed by add-ons:(

Advertisement