Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do you use bluetooth?

• 21-02-2004 12:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

i was just wondering about this new MX900 bluetooth mouse,

what do you use bluetooth for?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Transferring photo's from mobile to pc. Also download programmes for my mobile on the pc and send them to the mobile.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Lump
    Transferring photo's from mobile to pc. Also download programmes for my mobile on the pc and send them to the mobile.

John

Ditto. Also for freaking out people in public places by sending them a message to their (bluetooth enabled) phones saying 'BOO!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Connecting an ipaq to the intarweb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

sending images / tones / games to my sony 610 mobile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by CyberGhost

outlook sync with PDA/Phones, PDA/Laptop Internet connection via Phone, controlling presentations (from PDA), file transfers, Internet sharing (from desktop to PDA/SmartPhones), printing

haven't got a Bluetooth keyboard/mouse yet, the Logitech ones looks great though

BrianG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

look how one guy uses his mouse with bluetooth, and no cradle needed! nice eh?

http://members.boards.ie/cyberghost/DSCF0237.JPG

do'h! that's it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

People on dial up won't appreciate that photo :OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

look how one guy uses his mouse with bluetooth, and no cradle needed! nice eh?

http://members.boards.ie/cyberghost/DSCF0237.JPG

do'h! that's it

I'll go one better! I use my mx900 on my Power Book which has built in Bluetooth. It's great when you see everyone in college take out their gi-normous laptops and then setup their cradle. And I just take out my 12inch Power Book and mx900.

I use have the cradle on my windows machine at home. Its great for transferring pics and games, and syncing with phone. Also I use a great little program called bemused for remote control of Winamp from my phone. Can even edit the playlist remotely. And it also works with WMP and Powerpoint.

if only Apple would bring out a 2 button version of their Bluetooth mouse - much better match with their kit :)

if you liked Bemused on the PC - then you should definitely look at the Salling Clicker for use with the Mac much better and tight integration into the OS if you have a Sony Ericsson Handset / Palm OS PDA (they are currently working on a solution for Symbian also UIQ first then Series 60) - works with iTunes, iDVD, iPhoto, Powerpoint, Keynote and several other built-in apps and 3rd party scripts - I use it all the time now when giving presentations controlling them with a T610 or Palm T3 - even pushes the relevant slide's notes back onto the display of the phone/PDA :)

another alternative for the Mac is Romeo for use with a Sony Ericsson Handset or together with of the Veta Universal controllers for Palm OS, Symbian Series 60 and Symbian UIQ

great examples of how Apple's integration of Bluetooth allows developers to target one implementation and produce some fine apps. compared to the several options Windows developers/users have to contend with, although hopefully that will improve when Bluetooth is natively integrated into XP Service Pack 2

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I didn't realise you could use the MX900 with any Bluetooth reciever. Thats v.handy. Whats the mx900 like for gaming? Much lag?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

hahah now that's nice!

Ricardo, nah it doesn't lag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I have the Belkin USB bluetooth dongle. I use it with the Microsoft Bluetooth mouse and for synching my Axim X5 with Outlook.

The Ambicom card on the X5 comes with a cool little SMS program. I connect to my Ericsson mobile and send the SMS directly from the X5.

Pocket Presence have a nice app for the Pocket PC which remotely manages a mobile over Bluetooth: Running Voice GSM. Works best with (Sony)Ericsson handsets. Manages contacts, SMS, phone / network settings, dial-up settings, data traffic stats, etc...
    BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I use it for transferring files to/from my phone, and as a remote control receiver thing (using the phone to control the likes of winamp from my bed across the room :))

Originally posted by Stephen
    I use it for transferring files to/from my phone, and as a remote control receiver thing (using the phone to control the likes of winamp from my bed across the room :))

What do you use for the RC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

A phone.....

I use my 3650.... I think that's what I have.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

Thanks for those links, DubWireless. Not tried them yet but look great!

I know you can use a bluetooth adapter with a USB printer, but can you use a USB hard disk with one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I use an application called Float's Mobile Agent with some kind of VB script for the remote control. The phone (SE T610) sees it as a bluetooth headset and loads whatever menus the app sends to it. Quite nifty, you can use it to step through powerpoint presentations, powerdvd, volume control, Win TV, etc as well.

Advertisement