Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea -V- Arsenal *scores*

• 21-02-2004 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Just heard Chelsea will be without duff, Crespo and Cudicini. Bad news for Chelsea.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Havent beaten Arse since 95 in the league, a Hughes goal. It has to end someday surely but I can see a 1-1 draw today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 murdoc8

2-2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

2-1 again. Cudicini is a big loss

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

€100 on arsenal win......they bloody better!!!

Henry to score 1st would be nice....

;);););););)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

1-0 to chelski after 27 seconds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

1-1 Arsenal scored less than 15 minutes into the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

1-2 edu scores .

good fecking game

Tis. Chelsea getting into it more now

Must of been a shock for chelski to go 2-1 down so soon......Just shows what class Arsenal has in their team to pull it back....and chelski for shaking it off and getting back into the game

2 top teams from a neutrals point of view :)

• Advertisement

ya man Chelski scorer has been sent off ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

chealsea could have brought it back if gudjohnson wasn't sent off.Goal after 40 seconds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

its finished 2-1 to Arsenal !!
    With Man U drawing, thats means that Arsenal are 7 points ahead of Utd and 9 ahead of Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

I thought it was a poor game. Both sides were terrible for large periods of the game. Referee ruined the game with the sending off of Gudjohnson. I didn't think he deserved to go. His dive was no worse than the one Pires got away with and his tackle was just an accident, he stood on the heel of Clichy. Mutu's tackle and Ljungbergs tackles from behind were the same/worse and escaped punishment.

Sullivan made a big cock up for edus goal and I thought a draw would have been a fair result because neither side did particularly well. I don't think I've seen Thierry Henry be so anonymous in a game before.

Still fair play to Arsenal thats what wins championships, getting 3 points despite playing crap. Just a pity the ref had to ruin what could've turned into an exciting game because Chelsea were coming back at them and Gudjohnson was their best hope of a goal.

The ref was a disgrace today, but Makele losing out to Pires far too easily!! and a Sullivan howler gave Arse the game.
    The sending off was a joke but the dive came back to haunt him in the first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by smuckers
    The ref was a disgrace today, but Makele losing out to Pires far too easily!! and a Sullivan howler gave Arse the game.
    The sending off was a joke but the dive came back to haunt him in the first half.

Mike Reilly must have been the Glory Hunting variety of United Fan. The sending Off was Harsh but TBH I dont think it changed the outcome of the Match. As was demonstrated by Makele Chelski don't have the heart to really challenge the Gunners,

I know they Chelsea were affected by injuries but their performance in the past week goes to show you can not buy a winning team .

A goood win for the Gunners in a tricky game without playing near their best.

Yeah I have to agree, Chelsea just don't seem committed enough. Last week they basically gave up in the second half and when they went behind they weren't bothered trying to equalise.

Today they were much the same. No way should Makelele be losing out on tackles to Pires, at least not so easily and a moment that sticks out in my mind was when Gronkjaer got down the right and Joe Cole and Hasselbaink (who had both just came on) didn't really bother getting into the box, they just jogged instead of busting a gut to get in there.

I still think Chelsea have too many average players though. Frank Lampard has got rave reviews this season but who has he done well against? Leicester, Everton, Wolves and the likes. He did nothing today, he did nothing last week and he does very little against the bigger sides. Mutu was terrible today and wasn't much better the week before when at least his goal made him look like he done good when the truth was he sucked.

Originally posted by James R

I still think Chelsea have too many average players though. Frank Lampard has got rave reviews this season but who has he done well against? Leicester, Everton, Wolves and the likes. He did nothing today, he did nothing last week

Lately he has been poor but he was superb against Utd at The Bridge and in Rome against Lazio. His touch today reminded me of The Frank L when he was here in his first season.
    Best players today were Geremi, Terry and Bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I really thought Lampard would have came out today with all guns blazing after his wowful display last week. He must be a bloody Arsenal supporter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I don't think I've seen Thierry Henry be so anonymous in a game before.

anonymous and still came out with the winning assist.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

i really like the look of parker he is going to be some player in the future
    always looking to be involved in everything!
    arsenal were terrible but 3 points is what mattered
    they probably had one eye on the game tuesday night which they should win too

nice pass by bergkamp wasnt it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Originally posted by jank
    i really like the look of parker he is going to be some player in the future

he has been for the past two years! where have you been?

Arsenal showed (again) why they sit atop the league, and still havent lost. Sending off was very harsh though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Originally posted by MrJoeSoap
    he has been for the past two years! where have you been?

i know but he seems to be getting better with every match i see him play

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

Gud's sending off: it wasn't harsh. he should have been sent off for kicking toure as he took a dive an olympic swimmer would be proud of. the tackle on clichy was clumsy more than anything. but still, it made no difference. for some reason Aresnal are becoming complacent again. they didn't knock chelsea for 6 when they had a 1 man advantage. that is most worrying.
    Edu for Brazil. he's just as goood as gilberto.
    and bergkamp is just quality all round.

Parker would have gotten better at charlton. fulham and charlton have blown their own respective ships outta the water by selling.

I didnt see the second half. Did Reyes come on? And was Gael as good as he was in the first?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

no. Reyes didn't. we do'nt want him hacked away now do we?
    clichy was surprisingly ok. but still, A. Cole is better. u never know, he may have gotten a goal if it wasn't for Gudjohnson's clumsy tackle.
    3 for 3. each being 2-1. good work lads.

Reyes being saves for the trip to spain on tuesday so:D Seeing as Dennis wont travel:rolleyes:

Clichy has been great when he has had to fill in for cole. Hes only 18 and is gonna get bettter. Edu should get on ahead of Gilberto IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭elbow316

Clichy got man of the Match henry_14, so yeah he was half-decent :)

Originally posted by elbow316
    Clichy got man of the Match henry_14, so yeah he was half-decent :)

Did he. Class. Watching it now:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Chelsea really missed duff and Crespo!
    I dont know how you can spend so much money and still not have a regular scorer in the team!!
    lampard has been great this season and parker is quality!!
    Mutu just doesnt seem to really try!
    Hasseilbank ?

Raneiri will be gone soon!!
    End of the season at the latest

Originally posted by Dustaz
    anonymous and still came out with the winning assist.

With all due respect to henry, I think that assist has to go to Sullivan :)

Yeah Chelsea dont seam to want it. Dont think its the managers fault though.

Thats the problem with putting a team together in the way Chelsea did. I mean the likes of Makelele have no commitment. He'd walk out in the morning if someone would pay him more. At least the likes of Arsenal and Utd have committed players who care about the club. They'd get more money elsewhere but don't care. They also seem to have a better relationship with the fans. Don't think I've ever seen a new Chelsea player acknowledge the fans with the possible exception of Duff

Thats the problem with putting a team together in the way Chelsea did. I mean the likes of Makelele have no commitment. He'd walk out in the morning if someone would pay him more. At least the likes of Arsenal and Utd have committed players who care about the club. They'd get more money elsewhere but don't care. They also seem to have a better relationship with the fans. Don't think I've ever seen a new Chelsea player acknowledge the fans with the possible exception of Duff

How true. Anyone read the article about Makelele (cant remeber what paper) before the Arsenal FA cup match.

Complaing about playing for Chelsea. He nearly got run over by a bus. And he hates English food :D . He was giving out about Raneiri' decision not to include him in his player rotation

Yeah I mean I don't think you'd hear Roy Keane complaining about having to play in every game. It sets a bad tone for the club.

I wouldn't say the dressing room is too healthy. They don't even really celebrate together when they score.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I wouldn't say the dressing room is too healthy. They don't even really celebrate together when they score.

On that note, did anyone see the way all the Arsenal players hugged at the end of the game yesterday? They all walked up to eachother and forumed a huddle.... I reckon thats alot to do with the teams current form, they are all playing for each other, with th exception of Wiltord and VanBronkhurst, I've not heard of any Arsenal player saying they want to leave and only then because they were out of the first team.

Pires was exceptional againts Chelsea. For an attacking wing player the amount of tackling and tracking back he does is incredible. Lehman and Toure probably have alot of praise due too. Arsenal always had the attck, but the defence seems well up to scratch now.

I hate to say this, because I believe anything can happen in football, but Arsenal now need to lose/draw 3/4 games and Utd/Chelsea win everything for Arsenal not to get the title.

If Utd don't beat them, the league is over.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Woot, good weekend! :)

Only caught the last 40 mins or so, wasn't very exciting. Arsenal weren't poor in that period though, they were solid. Gudjohnsen was deservedly booked for the dive, not so sure if he deserved the second though.

I was quite amused reading all the english papers this morning and their view that the prem is now down to a two horse race. Chelsea look mentally weak but saying with certainty that they are out of it is ridiculous, they are only 2 points behind UTD.

// Apparently the huddle thing is part of their new ethos/motto of "Together, Together" or something. Pires was going on about it to some newspaper recently.

Advertisement