Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Latest Wrestlemania XX card.

• 21-02-2004 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭

[FORGOT TO MENTION IN TOPIC, THIS MAY CONTAIN POSSIBLE SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN RAW OR SMACKDOWN YET! IF YOU HAVEN'T, CLICK BACK ON YOUR BROWSER NOW!!!]

From 411:

WWE Title Match
    Eddie Guerrero vs. Kurt Angle

World Title Match
    Triple H vs. Chris Benoit vs. Shawn Michaels

WWE US Title Match
    The Big Show vs. John Cena

World Tag Team Titles Match
    Booker T & RVD vs. TBA

Cruiserweight Battle Royal
    Participants: Rey Mysterio, Chavo Guerrero, Shannon Moore, Paul London, Ultimo Dragon, Tajiri, Akio, Sakoda, Jamie Noble, Nunzio, Kidman

Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg

The Undertaker vs. Kane

Chris Jericho vs. Christian

Randy Orton & Batista vs. The Rock & Mick Foley

Sable & Torrie Wilson vs. Stacy Keibler & Jackie Gayda

With ten matches, many high profile names are not included on the card. Some of which include: Ric Flair, Hardcore Holly, Billy Gunn, Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas, The Bashams, A-Train, Matt Hardy, Scott Steiner, Rikishi, Scotty 2 Hotty, Bradshaw, Faarooq, Rhyno, Garrison Cade, Mark Jindrak, Hurricane, Test, Val Venis, Lance Storm, Rico, Matt Morgan, Orlando Jordan, Chuck Palumbo, Johnny Stambolli, Spike Dudley, Trish Stratus, Molly Holly, Lita, Victoria, and Jazz.

Wait a sec... you're telling me Hardcore Holly, Billy Gunn, Gay Train, Test, Stamboli and Palumbo are high profile??!! My god, why didn't you throw Gail f*ckin' Kim on the list?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

WOOO-HO-HEY!!!!!!
    Where did this cruiser weight battle royal come from?

And come on... Rock n Sock VS Ortan and Batista? I thought Rock would return for WM, but IMO what a big mistake.

I seriously thought we were gonna get a Foley V Ortan cage/Hell in a cell match. I though it was getting obvious due to the fact all Foleys atempts to kick ortans ass have been twarted by Evolution. Would be the perfect way to use it, the whole keep the interference on the outside gimmick. Would also be a way for Foley to teach Ortan what hardcore is...

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Yeah, i was wondering about that, i don't think that card is completely finalised. The cruiser battle royal is meant to be a pinfall one as well, as opposed to being chucked over the top. Something similar to a Hardcore one they had at Wrestlemania 16.

On another note, anyone else think that Trips aint gonna be dropping the belt at Wrestlemania, seeing as Backlash will be held in Edmonton AB one month later? No, it's not a spoiler, it's just speculation! :)

Nero

Good point. But has everyone forgotten about Michaels? Isnt it a trpple treat :)

If Trips is gonna lie down for anyone, it will be for his god loving lacky.

But hey, WM is only 3 weeks away, we'll know all the answers soon.

Hanza

Unless the decision is overturned on RAW the next day. Although if trips does lay down for Shawn, and Shawn turns heel on Benoit, it could set a Shawn V Benoit for Backlash, with Benoit going over in his home town..

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Originally posted by NeroTheExtreme
    On another note, anyone else think that Trips aint gonna be dropping the belt at Wrestlemania, seeing as Backlash will be held in Edmonton AB one month later? No, it's not a spoiler, it's just speculation! :)

I called it here ;)

And let the battle of the Smart Marks begin! :P
    Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Rock and sock?
    Cruiser weight battle royal?
    Dont post it as an updated card the matchs havent been anounced yet.
    I would much prefer to see Rey V Chavo in ladder rematch for Cruiser weight strap

Cruiserweight battle royal is almost set in stone as it is, And it was pasted from another site (as I had mentioned) so don't get snotty with me just cos someone nicked the f*ckin' jam out of your doughnut!

Nero

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Rock n' Sock is hardly set in stone now is it?? I know you pasted it but its not exactly an updated card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

With ten matches, many high profile names are not included on the card. Some of which include: Ric Flair(He'll be involved anyay with evolution)...Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas... Rhyno... Lance Storm...Trish Stratus.

Shame really...
    (Trish for some T&A only)

So who vince going to screw over this year? Goldberg, or even Lesnar? hmmmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Originally posted by Hanza
    I seriously thought we were gonna get a Foley V Ortan cage/Hell in a cell match. I though it was getting obvious due to the fact all Foleys atempts to kick ortans ass have been twarted by Evolution. Would be the perfect way to use it, the whole keep the interference on the outside gimmick. Would also be a way for Foley to teach Ortan what hardcore is...

Hanza

i heard this speculated a couple of times, never really thought it was a goer as there is nearly never this kind of match on a wrestlemania card. vince would be too afraid it would take from the main event(s). especially with a match as over as hitc.

Originally posted by Bungalow Bill
    Rock n' Sock is hardly set in stone now is it?? I know you pasted it but its not exactly an updated card.

I'll watch all of you eat those words in a weeks time :D
    Nero

Shame really...
    (Trish for some T&A only)

Not to pleased with that comment. :mad:

The woman responisble for the constant improvement of the womans devision, she has been taking **** from the big wigs and Vince backstage for ages cos she wants to improve the women. She isnt just eye candy, she has evolved past that.

Also the most IMPROVED wrestler (and not just female wrestler) in the last few years. Thats not just my take on it, Total wrestling and Power Slam agree with that too.

Hanza

I'll agree here as well. Unlike the likes of Jazz, and Gail Kim, Trish is actually a decent worker who has proved that she can do more than hold her own, check out the Trish V Victoria match at the 2002 Survivor Series.

Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Sable & Torrie Wilson vs. Stacy Keibler & Jackie Gayda

How did this SD Vs RAW match come about?

If the THREE matches happen Nero yes I will eat my words, but come on now......

Ok, lads enough already.
    Go to pwtorch.com and find the guy who wrote the article and whine at them.
    Quit shooting the messenger, if you hadn't read it here, you'd have read it elsewhere.

F*ckin' whining f*cknuts!
    Nero

Hey we're not whining we're just sayin that it's not an updated card is all.

Right, my last comment was out of order and I apologise for that. Bad day at the office. :/

The cruiserweight battle royal and the rock/foley against evolution has been talked about heavily backstage, and i generally take pwtorch.com to the bank as they've never botched up info since i've been reading it.

The womens one was talked about, crossbranded because what else are they gonna do? Another boring Dawn Marie/Torrie Wilson feud?

I've been posting stuff like this for months now, I'm just a tad sick of people getting on my back about it now? Why not earlier? Was it something in the water? Or is this just rebellion for those pissed off cos they couldn't get mommys credit card in time to get tickets for May?

Again, i didn't write it, I merely pasted it so shooting the messenger, i also feel is just a tad out of order. And it's fine and good saying "don't post it yadda yadda yadda" but if i hadn't, someone else would have probably read it and posted it on anyway.

Give it time, and if the matches are confirmed, you'll eat your words, and if it blows up in my face, i'm outta here!!

Nero

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Have to agree with Nero don't give him a hard time about it. At the end of the day he didn't write the article and even if he had who cares!? I mean most of the chat that takes place on these boards is speculation and a lot of his is too so he should be allowed speculate just like the rest of us!

looks like its allll coming true too

I generall wouldn't post it if it wasn't! pwtorch is something that's very seldom wrong and most people who read it know it. :/

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

"Stupidity causes cancer" - well done smiaras, couldn't have said it better myself!

And I didn't wanna have to say this but

I TOL... nah nevermind! :P
    Nero

Dont worry bout it Nero man! If people got carried away cos the matches havent been decraed yet thats their problem...

Personally, I love this part of wrestlemania. The predictions. I love trying to figure out whats gonna gho down and see everyones take on it. IMO, Rumours are good, to an extent. They get every one excited.

Hanza

They provide better buildup then RAW and SD! put together in my honest opinion! ;)

Nero

Originally posted by NeroTheExtreme
    I generall wouldn't post it if it wasn't! pwtorch is something that's very seldom wrong and most people who read it know it. :/

Nero

Wadnt giving out to you Nero...I just find it shocking who much info is being leaked from the WWE backroom to the general public....I can see now why Vinne MAc is getting so angry over the whole thing

Does anyone remember the controversy sorrounding WMX?

The entire show was leaked before it began. They had to run with the show. Thats when Vince Russo was working for Vince. Everyone in NY knew about WMX, and by 3 o clock that day, everyone knew what was going to happen. To his credit, that was the only time Ive heard or Vince Russo making the best of a bad situation.

Is history repeating itself? Will WMXX be spoiled totally for us?

Hanza

• Advertisement

Russo wasn't working for Vince in 94. Vince had most of the creative duties until late 93 when he was sent down the river for felony charges on steroid distribution.

If I recall correctly, Creative was taken over by Pat Patterson until mid 94 when Vince got off and took control. The first thing he did was book that stupid Undertaker V Undertaker match. (Although Brian Lee aka Chainz is actually a decent worker, the match sucked balls and was completely overshadowed by Bret V Owen cage match at Summerslam 94).

Hope this clears stuff up :)
    Nero

Never said Russo was on the writting staff. Cant remember what he was doing, but he was working for them at the time. Russo rants in Total wrestling around wrestle maina last year was about Russos experiences with thje various wrestle manias. I think he may have even been a photographer. If that the case then I take this back:
    To his credit, that was the only time Ive heard or Vince Russo making the best of a bad situation
    Then he has never done anything for me to give him credit for.

Still I think its an omen. Ten years later and the same thing is happeneing again, at the same arena. I knew Razor Ramon shouldnt have walked under that ladder :D

Hanza

The Wrestlemania known for being so Russofied it was so bad was XV.
    It hosted what's still known as the worst Hell In The Cell match, with UT and Boss Man, the storylines were swerved all over the shop, giving a cast of characters that nobody gave a sh|t about too much air time. Most of the title match bookings made no sense whatsoever. (the hardcore and IC belts were fourways with weak contenders)

The main event barely saved it.
    Nero

Advertisement