Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big Anouncement(spoilers from last nights RAW)

• 21-02-2004 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

What will Vinces Big anouncement be in your opinion?

Remember he said hes "gonna make it in his wrestling gear..."

Hanza

Vince's anouncement will be: 13 votes

Vince VS Eric Bishoff at WMXX
    0% 0 votes
    Bret Harts return
    46% 6 votes
    Another WMXX match of some sort
    15% 2 votes
    The return or debut of a star
    23% 3 votes
    something totally differnet... but what?
    15% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

It's gonna be that Goldberg will face Lesnar at WMXX, isn't it? They haven't announced that yet.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

is there any basis to the idea that Bret Hart is coming back?
    I though he hates McMahon (or has the almighty dollar changed his mind?)

Flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Probably something stupid like McMahon vs Hogan at WMXX. I'm not saying it will be that but they have to have at least one surprise match up and it'll probably be a pile of turd.

Something I wouldn't mind seeing is Vince McMahon vs Shane O'Mac :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Originally posted by flogen
    is there any basis to the idea that Bret Hart is coming back?
    I though he hates McMahon (or has the almighty dollar changed his mind?)

Flogen

Where've you been the last few months, they've been back on speaking terms for ages! He's just in no hurry (or shape) to come back near a ring.

Nero

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

ah I dont keep up that much with Wrestling anymore...Im just interested in seeing Undertaker return (childhood hero), and thats it really...

So is Bret Hart a fat-bot?

Flogen

• Advertisement

Nah, he's lost some weight but the concussion still keeps him out of the ring. The stroke was just the icing on the cake.

I know i always saw him as concieted and thought the business revolved around him, but life really threw him a lemon toward the end of his career.

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

But honestly.
    Hulk Hogan was the name synomunous with everything that is wrestling, then Hart takes the torch and runs with it like no one did ever before. Since Hogan had bailed on WWF at this stage, bret was the bread provider, thus he developed a huge head, but no one every held a company the way he did.

He didnt like his instant heel turn, but the people needed a new champ, and it wasnt the Rock. In many ways its disputible when the attitude era began, the two nights people say it was clinched was either Survivor Series 97 or Wrestle Mania 13.

After that night (WM13) I believe Hart began to resent what WWE was becoming. He wanted wrestling, not middle fingers,TnA, cussing and short matches. He did believe he built the WWEs new generation, mabey he did, but Hart always had a problem lieing down or backing down, letting some one else carry the torch. He couldnt let the past go, and its a shame, cos he could have made a bit more out of his career.

But instead he went into retirment, ie: went to WCW, where he did fuk all, but he always remained my favourite star.

Then along comes that bald arse jockey and almost cripples Hart. I dont care how many times it comes up, Goldberg was responsible for beginning of the end of Harts career. I will always love Bret, im so glad I got to see him live, hopefully some day some miricle will make him come back for one last run.

Fingers crossed

Who doesnt get a big head after a few years in the buisness. Look at Shawn Michaels and Hogans recient change of politics...

Hanza

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Vince seemed more to be hinting that the Bischoff situation was an extra detail and that it wouldn't really be a very big deal if they were to fight.
    Personally I think that the making of the Goldberg v Lesnar is a safe bet for what it will be.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

It will be the Vince vs Bischoff match imo.

Yeah, i reckon it'll be announced, but i also reckon it won't go ahead. Call it a hunch but McMahon V Bischoff at Wrestlemania? Watch the buyrates tank!!

Nero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭irishman_abroad

K from watching RAW what i took from it was this:

Yes Vince is making a big announcement and yes he's in his wrestling gear, but thats because he's going to make Bishoff back up his claim that he can beat Vince up any time any place..... ie he'llmake his big announcement(Prolly Brock Goldie) and then fight Bishoff there and then

It could also be announcing Goldberg v Brock, answering Brock's pleas from Smackdown. The only thing about this is, would he not answer it on SD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Ive heard a new rumour, that after Vinny Mac kicks bishoffs ass "in (his) wrestling gear", he will anounce Brock Lesners jump back to Raw.

Im taking this with a pinch of salt... I wouldnt believe it totally. Would be a bad move for Lesner IMO

Hanza

The only good thing about Brock returning to Raw imo would be that he would inevitably win the title after WMXX sometime which means an even longer time where HHH doesn't have the title which is always a good thing :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

yea but with benoit recently jumping to raw i think it would be a bad move for lesnar to go aswell. also all the recent firings have been on smackdown (cat, gowan, kanyon etc) so would it not make sense that they would be moving people to smackdown from raw and not the other way around.

i havent seen raw yet but im kind of thinking maybe vince will be handing the company over to shane at WMXX.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Originally posted by whosurpaddy
    i havent seen raw yet but im kind of thinking maybe vince will be handing the company over to shane at WMXX.

close but way off, im not gonna spoil it, the spoilers are up if your interested.

Advertisement