Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GC broadband adapter

Options
  • 21-02-2004 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Is it even out in this country? Haven't seen it for sale anywhere :dunno:

8 player MK is tempting :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DrummerBoy

Isn't the eight player on mario kart only available when you have 8 consoles each with the bba?

Any smyths store can get them for you because they have them for sale in the belfast and lisburn stores. Get them to transfer them n for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

Afaik you can only connect 2 GC's together with a BA. But then I've never seen one :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I have seen it in HMV before but it carries an unexplicable price tag, something like €50/60.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

order it off the net. i got my Playstation2 BBA from amazon.co.uk for 40quid, then i saw it in a 3G shop for 60 quid....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

Can you play online games through the net yet or do you have to subscribe like xbox live?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DrummerBoy

The only game that I know off that can actually be played online is Phantasy star online. Not sure how the fees work. But just checked out mario kart the bba just lets you connect up to 8 consoles like a LAN no actual online content. However there is talk of adding some online content to a new game coming out think it's Splinter Cell Pandoras tomorrow as far as I remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Isnt the New splinter Cell an xbox exclusive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭calhob_ie

Def not, theres been a lot of talk about the multiplayer content on the pc version. After the sucess of Splinter Cell its def going to be a simultaneous release.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

Yeah seen an ad for Pandora tomorrow but there was no GC label on it. Maybe the big N are handling the advertisments themselves like they did for Soul Caliber 2. As for the BBA, I want one, but not for €60 when I'd only be able to play one game with it

Just browsed through the Mario Kart manual today and realised you need a broadband adapter per console. So €120 or there abouts just to play just for the pleasure of playing 8 player Mk. No thanks Nintendo :mad:

No wonder it has gone virtually unnoticed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭wataru

Am not sure if your talkin about the 56k adapter nintendo have out or what cos... the only broadband thing for the GC even in development is Warp Pipe, and its not even Nintendo producing it, tho they have'nt yet shunned it either.

check out this ign report, its a little old but...

Warp Pipe

The BA is just for LAN gaming.

Advertisement