Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Please (sorry!!)

• 21-02-2004 9:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

i am another person who requires advice regarding a pc build that i hope to carry out. This is the spec i have looked at. have i left anything out and does anybody have a recomendation on a c€70 grapics card.

thanks

Processor: Intel P4, 2.8C
    Mobo: ASUS SiS 655TX
    Memory: Crucial 184 Pin 512MB ECC DDR PC-3200 - OEM
    HD: 160GB Samsung 7200
    Case: Antec Sonata Piano Black Quiet Case - 380W TruePower Silent PSU
    CD\DVD: Lite-On Black 48X24X48X16 Combo Drive

have a floppy drive sorted

i have heard that this chip should be overclocable to around 3.3 with this board. i get a heatsink and fan with the processor, with that be sufficient for overclockin and is there anything else i need?

thanks for the help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

If your looking for just a basic graphics card, for general usage, try this. It should perform resonably well in games as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Ok a few things,

Your MB get one with the latest chip: I875P better performance & features.

ECC ram not needed, get non ECC you want unregistered ram if your using a P4.

Graphics card: go with the 9600 Pro great card @ the current price.

If you plan on overclocking your gona need a new cooler the stock coolers that come with the P4's are bad. try getting a Zalman or ThermalRight cooler very good preformance.

Well thats about it,

Thanks joePC.........

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Prosta

I got the Asus P4S800D-E (Sis 655tx)
    The board is performing well but there are issues with my Maxtor sata HDD that make it unusable.
    Reading from the drive is Ok
    Writing to the drive takes 10 time longer then writing to an IDE drive.

Advertisement