Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

County Clare

• 21-02-2004 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭

Hello, how are you doing today? Hope I find you feeling healthy, =)
    I'm from the states and i came across this site looking up irish music.. well anyway, im a bit curious to hear about the land my great-grandparents came from.. county clare (and dublin.. but i havn't heard much bout county clare, hence why im asking bout it.) the reason why im posting here is because the regional board hasn't been posted in for a long time and i wanted to write where someone will see this. and anyway, id love to see this county someday, ive still got some family over there thatd be nice to meet =) hmm, soo.. is there anyone from county clare on the boards?

thank you all so very very much for you time.

cheers,
    ~batch

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Boring county :)

I'm sure a fair few poster's are from clare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

fairly dull place alright.

go to peppers bar in feakle for a trad muzak session... steer well clear of ennis...

thus concludes tman's guide to clare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭40crush41

hey.. Ennis, thats where my family is from! and ive still got some long lost cousins there :( (so they say.. if thats that boring maybe they've moved)
    oh well, guess there won't be any family reunion after all, thanks for the information nevertheless. :)

~batch

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

ah come on lads!
    what about the cliffs of moher?

http://www.dalys-house.com/images/cliffs.jpg

and
    no
    I'm not from clare...

my goodness! how pretty.. yes indeed, nice site too.. saw some more pretty, quite green, pictures there, simply took my breath away.

thank you =)
    ~beth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭Blue Duck

Clare also has the largest stalic-tite in europe, its under ground so you get lovely and mucky getting in to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

I wub kilkee..up the banner ..etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TUTS

Im from Clare, live in Ennis and its not that bad!

What would you like to know good or bad.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Clare is a gorgeous county!! yes i'm from there but by jaysus (says the culchie in me) it far more scenic than most counties in ireland (carlow, wicklow, leitrim, limerick, tipperary to name but a few boring counties)

Not only has it got fabulous scenery like the Cliffs of Mother and the Burren but its also the Traditional Irish Music capital or Ireland.

Ennis is actually a nice town. Never though i'd say that myself having grown up there but it is imo. The County Council have really made the effort in the last few years to make the town more attractive, particularly in summer when there are lots music festivals on in the town and the county.

Check out http://www.county-clare.com for loads of more info on places to see and things to do in Clare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Humphrey

Yeah Clare is definitely one of my favourite parts of the country.

Cliffs of Moher,
    Ailwee Caves,
    Burren,
    Listonvarna (sp) Christie Moore song.

Humphrey.

• Advertisement

thank you, thank you,
    i wasn't aware that county clare was the traditional irish music capital of ireland, good to know. makes it even more interesting for me, well, b/c i love music a lot.
    hmm so do most people know how to play an instrument? seems like its the popular thing to do =)

really is beautful, someday i'll get over there, maybe play a jig or two (hmm, are there also traditional irish dancers? i used to take irish dance :)) meet some relatives... (u know any considines? thats the family name from clare, but theres a lot of considens so i've heard )

anyway, thanks for the information u have given me and the pictures to look at, and the sites to see, i'll just wait for the day that i can see these all for myself =)

have a pleasant evening
    cheers,
    Beth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

I love going to Clare - and I'm a Dublin scumbag!

Advertisement