Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thats the last ****ing time...

Options
  • 25-10-2000 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭

Right,

After the dismal show from tonights Generations league, thats the last fvcking time I EVER run a f****ing league for you ****s.

Im sick of putting in my own time and effort for people to sign up for a league and then not bothering to even show.

As for other things that I do, I really don't know why I even bother. Its no wonder the Irish scene is where it is these days.

I didnt ask for anything in return, except that people turn up!

Blame yourself, cos I aint bothering doing any web pages, running any leagues, servers, lans.. just basicly nothing anymore.

[This message has been edited by MindPhuck (edited 25-10-2000).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Just go's to show alot of people out there take all that sort of stuff, (leagues, IGN, servers, time and effort some ppl put in) for granted.

Its a shame they all sign up, and say they'll be there for games only not bothering thier arses after all the work MP did.

In a months time when your all crying because theres no leagues going, you'll know why!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

Ah forget it.

[This message has been edited by FreaK_BrutheR (edited 25-10-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

If it means anything (which it doesnt really:-/) I know exactly how you feel.
    Sh1t happens, as$holes will always exist, and still its the same di<ks like us that get screamed at when anyone wants a league tho :/
    I'll be leaving the 'aul organising to others for a long time also (even though I havent really done a huge amount compared to some older generation ppl I know)
    Too much effort (yes these things do take up quite a bit of time ppl - web pages dont make themselves etc.), too little reward or appreciation even (must say that ECAL is doing better than I expected tho, so no complaints with ppl there, with the exception of ND - Thanks lads :P)

[This message has been edited by Paladin (edited 25-10-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

if only we had connect if only.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

Eric, don't take it to heart. You know you are appreciated and looked up to, you only need to look as far as Yup_Yup's post on the q3 scene in ireland, to realise this.

The generations league is a great idea, but mid-week is a difficult time for us in UL to play, due to the firewalls in place.

The IQ3CL is a weekend thing, so we can just transport our pc's as far as the college to play for the whole weekend, not just an evening.

When me and z signed up for the league we were banking on the UL connection, as were sonic and podgeen, not to mention gman.

I hope you reconsider what you said, and just postpone the league until after the IQ3CL, or even host it at a lan, like the upcoming ANILAN in november. That would be worth doing!

Believe me, you are totally appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

sickboy and i were both working at the time, we cant make it on wednesday nights (i cant)

the first week was cool though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Eric, I know when I told you yesterday it was too late, so sorry, but I'd say most ppl had an excuse rather than just not bothering their árses. I know that's no good to you and you sitting around waiting for ppl last night, but give it one more chance please, you know we all give a shít, yesterday it probably just happened that loads of ppl had something on. The generations league is a fúckin class idea, sure we all have the pukey Q2 loaded up on our machines now, just pretend this week didn't happen and we play q2 games next week, I bet they'll all turn up.

"my cat smells of catfood...."

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm a bit annoyed with this whole thing too - I've gotta go to a café to play cause my connection is so flakey. Yup Yup (my partner) has a pregnant wife and has been threatened with Divorce(!) cause of the time he's wasting.

Lads - if you've signed up, please, PLEASE turn up and play.

Warning - I may not be available for next week - I'm off to Mayo and we all know how good conenctions are from there smile.gif I'll have more news @ the weekend.

All the best,
    kharn_sig.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Yup_Yup

MindPhuck

You are one of the people that keep the scene together. If people cannot make they should have the courtesy to contact the organizers and tell them in advance. I can see why MindPhuck is ****ed off. Some people even turn up for the games and then start moaning at them. This must be a kick in the teeth after all the hard work organizers put into the leagues. I don’t know where they get the time but if they did not there would be no Quake scene in Ireland. Just Muppets and random Sh!te.

I know it must be frustrating But considor keeping it up MindPhuck. Just ban people from leagues for a time after a designated number of no shows.

If all that fails the UT scene looks like it could do with some help in Ireland !>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Alot of ppl seem to be getting to impression that this league failure is the only reason for MP to be pi$$ed off. Think back if you will to other leagues he has tried to run ... a Starcraft 2v2 league and the Clan Challenge league come to mind. Both great ideas, and just what the irish scene needed to maintain interest, but both died very quickly because no-one showed up. The Irish scene is practically dead. The servers are empty 99% of the time, the few clans active play mostly against foreign opposition, and too many ppl seem too scared of spoiling their reputations to commit to any form of competition. With the exception of the IQ3CL and Team3.ie there is no Irish scene. No mater what attempts there are to revive it, the very ppl who complain of inactivity are causing our downfall.

Redesigned

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

We have a tiny amount of players.

Just accept it.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Eric, I left you a message that I couldnt turn up because Spin's annual directors meeting was last night and I wouldnt be home until 11pm.

The people in Generations aren't tossers and it sounds like a hundred things combined to thwart you last night.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Which is constantly growing.

Look forward to it.

Put 'em in your mouth and suck 'em
    Clan Acid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

lets play starcraft again

The supreme irony of life is that no one gets out of it alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

mmmmmmm, StarCraft goodness....

Advertisement