Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Not Like Franz Ferdinand?

• 21-02-2004 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

franz ferdinand seem to be the next 'big' band. does anyone alse think they're not that good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Your username is an anagram of what I think of Franz Ferdinands music

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

too tragically hip for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

they played their album in the pub last night. it was very good from what i heard of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

\me yawns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Franz Who?

:dunno:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Far far too Strokesy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Well I absolutely detest the Strokes and love Franz Ferdinand's debut (and their single releases from last year)... its head-boppingly brilliant stuff (especially Come On Home and This Fire)... anyone taking it too seriously needs to take their head out of their ass and just smile :)

But anyway for fans, look out for their fellow Glasgowians (??), The Sluts Of Trust, much more rockier sound and even catchier.. they should be releasing an album on Chemikal Underground sometime in the next few months, their current single Piece Of You is bloody excellent and from the live tracks I've heard of them the album should follow suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I like it the same way as I like the Darkness. The first time it's really good, the tenth time it's pretty good, but by the time you've heard the same track 30 times, you're pretty pissed off with all that falsetto/too much drums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Dark of the Matinee is good

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭wild_eyed

yeah, i hate all new music, were is a nirvana song no one wants to hear anymore, to spice up the charts, what the **** do u poeple want, i love all music, but when somthing origibnal and funky comes along, you have to be told thats it's good before u'll pick it. i hate u. die die die. the album is good. interpol are better, im listening to franz for over 8 months now, and interpol the same amout of time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Originally posted by wild_eyed
    the album is good. interpol are better, im listening to franz for over 8 months now, and interpol the same amout of time.

You should pick up The Walkmen - Bows & Arrows so... I can't imagine any Interpol fan not liking it.. easily my favourite album of 2004 so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Originally posted by wild_eyed
    im listening to franz for over 8 months now, and interpol the same amout of time.

Ah you must be much cooler than all of us then since you've been listening to them longer.

(I do actually like them but this sort of 'I've been into them waaaay longer than any of you ****ers' type attitude really annoys me)

Originally posted by Jeff_Lebowski
    Ah you must be much cooler than all of us then since you've been listening to them longer.

(I do actually like them but this sort of 'I've been into them waaaay longer than any of you ****ers' type attitude really annoys me)

your right, i am cooler than you. now do us all a favour and masterbate your face , el retardo!

im sorry, but guys who assume, get to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Much as I hated Franz for all their hype I cannot help but love what I hear so far. Darts of pleasure and take me out are two of the best songs i've heard in a while.

Oh and wild_eyed I think it's amazing the way you can say "i hate all new music" AND "i love all music" in the SAME sentence, get some perspective you hypocrite.

And also we don't just like Franz because we're told to, this simply is the first time we have heard them. Don't insult our intelligence by saying that we like what we're told to like, you're obviously lacking something to contradict yourself in the space of 24 words.

Don't insult our intelligence

what intelligence?

thanks to everyone who helped out with that cut!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

I don't like FF either, i hate all the new newly mainsream bands nowadays, what a **** time for music!

I don't like Keane either

Originally posted by biZrb
    I don't like FF either, i hate all the new newly mainsream bands nowadays, what a **** time for music!

I don't like Keane either

what are u comparing this shít time in music to?

Its lucky that there a great back catalogue of Artists over the last 50 years.

Basic rule, dont listen to anything thats manufactured, i quite like FF. Not every band needs to be the greatest, as long as it sounds good its fine by me :)

Ok Bazh, What if you heard a song by a manufactured band that was really, really good???
    Would you tell everyone you hated it just coz it wasn't written by the artist??

What is your definition of manufactured btw?

No need to put words into my mouth bill :)

You know what i mean by manufacured bands, westlife etc.

I tend to like bands who write there own music, instead of rehashing someone elses. Some bands have done some good covers, but relying on covers or someone elses writting skills defeats the point of music imo.

Manufactured bands serve one purpose and thats to jump into the music scene, extract as much money as possible then fade away. Genereally a normal band start from gigging, touring etc, Not by entering the charts in a blaze of hype and promotion

• Advertisement

What about someone like Katie Melua or Norah Jones??
    They don't write a lot of their own stuff but are incredibly talented musicians and are definitely not just in it for the money.
    This tradition dates back to Frank Sinatra and Elvis Presley.
    The point of music is not that the artist has written the song but that the music is good.

There are indeed exceptions to every rule :)

"There are indeed exceptions to every rule "

That's a cop out and you know it. There are probably more exceptions to your silly rule that compliants.

That's like saying an orchestra shouldn't play a Mozart piece just because they didn't write it.

sigh

Whos talking about classical music here?

Would you like to pull anymore of your crazy logic out of your ass?

I have already stated what i mean by manufactured bands, and how as a baisc rule, i would listen to them

Actually I was just picking holes in your 'crazy logic'.
    You lost this argument ages ago bazh, there's no point in continuing.

do i smell the carnage of a trainwreck?

i dont like cover bands, and i hate that ****ing beatles song. but i love the beatles.
    they started off by gigging as a cover band. If i had my way with mind control i would have kyuss on mainstream radio,i dont, and i like the fact that people , when left alone can pick up on bands that are as good as franz. people who dont like them are just odd, and probably got std's

"and i like the fact that people , when left alone can pick up on bands that are as good as franz"

This is a nice ideal but the fact of the matter is that most people won't hear a band unless they are played on mainstream radio/t.v channel. You shouldn't assume people like FF just because of the hype, the band are simply being brought to passive listeners attention and they are saying "oh, I quite like that", its not that they are being told what to like. Hell simply red get a lot of airplay but everyone thinks they are sh*t!

dont tell me what to do, . . . . . . . . . .ever again!

Advertisement