Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a network card?

• 22-02-2004 1:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

So yeah i'm going to be setting up a a wireless network in my house so i can share the BB between 2 computers any maybe a laptop later one sometime. I need to get a network card for one of the computers (dell dim 4400) and was wondering would people have any recommendations on what network card to get or what not cuz i don't know whats good or what. i was looking at thisD-Link Fast Ethernet Adaptor DFE-538TX – PCI Interface from peats, would this be what i need and is it good?

also

I'm getting this D-Link DSL-604 Plus – ADSL Router With Wireless LAN and was wondering has anybody found a cheaper or better anywhere else? This one is €235.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Nic: 3Com 3C905c-TX-M ~€33 from www.komplett.ie

Router: take a look at www.solwise.co.uk - lovely kit.
    Register on the forums and check to see if there are any issues regarding your ISP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by suppafly
    I need to get a network card for one of the computers (dell dim 4400)

I'm getting this D-Link DSL-604 Plus – ADSL Router With Wireless LAN and was wondering has anybody found a cheaper or better anywhere else? This one is €235.
    Good God - €235? It's only €125 from Elara!

The Network Card is about 20% cheaper there too, while you're at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Stick to almost any 3com or intel card and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Thanks alot lads for all the responses and especially to Ripwave, u saved me €100 sound out!

Advertisement