Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Discs and stickers location

Options
  • 22-02-2004 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Just wondering what most people think is the most common place to display your tax/insurance/nct etc discs.

As far as I can see, its usually on the passenger side in the lower corner. Myself I put it on passenger side on the top as I find it doesn't get in the way when Im parking.

I suppose there are a lot of cars with tinted areas at the top of the screen so they just cant put it there.

The funniest place I ever saw one was 3 discs just a bit lower than dead centre, I had to do a double take to make sure I wasn't seeing things...

Don't get me started on the people who put up L plates which say L on the inside and a backwards L or even upside down L to the rest of us :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

bottom of passenger side

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

I don't know where I read it, whether it was just a recommendation or not, but top corner is better, for exactly the reason above, it does not obstruct your view.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

aye bottom of passenger side or dead center on the top behind the mirror.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Bottom corner on Passenger side for me. Often wonder why we need to display 3 discs anyway, as in UK, they only display the tax disc which is much tidier.:dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm a top lefter.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭leonotron

Originally posted by byte
    Bottom corner on Passenger side for me. Often wonder why we need to display 3 discs anyway, as in UK, they only display the tax disc which is much tidier.:dunno:
    The first time I needed the NCT when I got the disk I hahn't gotten around to getting one of those 3 disc holders. I was stopped in a routine stop and the cop said I didn't have to display it as long as I always had it with me. So now I just keep it behind my tax disc

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Oh, I had been told otherwise. I thought it was an offence not to display NCT disc, just like it's an offence not to display either tax or insurance disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by byte
    Often wonder why we need to display 3 discs anyway, as in UK, they only display the tax disc which is much tidier.:dunno:
    Because we have a serious problem with people avoiding their responsibilities.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If you leave a small gap between them / between the edge of the windscreen you can still spot stuff/movement in the gaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

I put mine in the middle, at the top, behind the rear view mirror. It doesn't obstruct any vision at all and it means the garda has to lean over to see it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

Top corner on the passenger side.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I can't believe there's a thread about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Originally posted by Sleipnir
    I can't believe there's a thread about this.

I know! It's just as interesting as the real thing but with only half the fat ww)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,543 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Is it too late to start a poll ? :)
    (top left)

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

A top left man meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

An old man who is a neighbour of mine has his right slap bang in the centre of the windscreen - no jokin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

I generally go with bottom left as I find top left can be a problem at some traffic lights. I think I'm gonna try top middle on the new car though.

Is it possible to just get plain simple disk holders, I hate all this advertising on the inside of my screen.

I suppose I could just use clear contact for the ultimate tidy look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Dont get me started on teddies, air freshners and banners hanging from widscreens and mirrors :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

I have a leprechan hanging from me mirror most people think it gets in the way but i got used to it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 CAPRIcious

I keep mine dead centre and at the bottom of the windscreen, just above the dash, it doesnt obstruct my vision at all and its neater looking:cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement