Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

smackdown on ps2

• 22-02-2004 1:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Do any of you guys play the latest smackdown game for the ps2?

how cool would it be to have a smackdown games tournement around wrestlemaina weekend?! since we dont get the big build up over here and all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

I've completed the game three times already. Where'd be the venue for it though?!
    If it goes ahead, i'd be there in a shot. Me and Matt Hardy - version one uuuhh!

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Xero

well as much as i love veeeee one uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, my goodself and oul HBK would give ya a womping and a stomping, i are the man at smackdown! all we need is a location though, i dont think theres any places in town that would hold a tournement. how cool would it be to have a huge smackdown tournement

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭xzodia

id be up for that sounds like it would be a good laugh

Originally posted by Xero
    well as much as i love veeeee one uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, my goodself and oul HBK would give ya a womping and a stomping, i are the man at smackdown!

Not as HBK mate, his defense is as weak as sh|t! :P
    Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Smackdown is the shiznid! But Ive seen smackdown addicts batteling each other for hours, i myself was in a 3 stages of hell with my brother once for over an hour and a half.

Raw2 guys! X BOX RULES! PS2 SUX!

Hanza

• Advertisement

Each to their own, me personally I wouldn't touch an XBOX if ya paid me all the money in ther world.

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

Originally posted by Hanza
    Smackdown is the shiznid! But Ive seen smackdown addicts batteling each other for hours, i myself was in a 3 stages of hell with my brother once for over an hour and a half.
    Hanza

Same as that. Me and two mates on a TLC triple threat that went on for the best part of an hour. That is, before one of them gave me a sneaker Hawk neckbreaker outta NOWHERE and pinned me for the win. B@stard!!!!!

I like playing ironman matches with the cruiserweights. The speed of an ironman match using Mysterio Vs. Ultimo Dragon is always a thrill.

Been playing a lot of ironman matches as I find TLC matches end too quickly.
    Or maybe it's the lack of competition i'm getting ;)

Nero

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Originally posted by NeroTheExtreme
    Each to their own, me personally I wouldn't touch an XBOX if ya paid me all the money in ther world.

Nero

abit harsh that, all 3 machines have their own merits tho I feel the Playstation 2 is the weakest, the ps2 main strengths for me is the final fantasy series which is unavailable everywhere else, amazing game and still worth owning a ps2 for despite the dirge of uninspired games, sequels left right and centre and vastly inferior graphics compared to the cube and xbox, yet its still the most expensive console. The playstation 1 broke gaming into the mainstream changing it forever due to many groundbreaking titles and original games and deserved its No 1 position back then, its reputation alone secured the future of the Ps2 but unfortunately imo sony just got sloppy releasing many popular ps1 sequels with nothing new to offer and often the titles were not as good. wipeout fusion, silent hill 2, Metal Gear Solid 2, ridge racer and even the Tekkan series spring to mind. The only Ps2 games i feel that gave proper quality were Final Fantasy X, GTA3, Vice City and Jak and Daxter.

The Gamecube should be the market leader going by quality titles alone but unforunately I feel Nintendos previous N64 console destroyed any chance of this happening. The gamecube is viewed by many hardcore gamers as lightyears above the ps2 or xbox when it comes to quality, titles like Zelda, Metroid Prime, Fzero, Eternal Darkness, Ikaruga, Mario Sunshine and many more.... fair enough many of them are sequels too but they all improved upon the originals Zelda excluded in terms of gameplay and graphics. A machine well worth owning, its very cheap and has so much going for it.

The Xbox I couldnt stand for so long, its the machine I loved to hate but after receiving a machine last christmas ive eaten my words. Its got a vast library of good games (Halo, DOA3, Midtown Madness,, Panzer Dragon Orta, Project Gotham Racing 2, Star Wars Nights of the old republic) with many more coming soon like Half Life 2, Halo 2, DOA Online, Fable etc. The Hard Drive is brillaint allowing me to import any music playlist of my choice into many games. Because of all that im not gonna crit a gaming machine anymore that i havent used untill i give it a proper go.

Originally posted by Gonzo
    abit harsh that, all 3 machines have their own merits tho I feel the Playstation 2 is the weakest, the ps2 main strengths for me is the final fantasy series which is unavailable everywhere else,

Well to be fair, it's the oldest one now, being released over here in late 2000. It's core CPU is a 350Mhz! But some of the games on it play almost similar to an XBOX which is almost twice that spec.

I'm not a big fan of the FF series, but that latest one looks very f'n sweet!
    Nero

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

picking my copy up this week hopefully, cant wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Originally posted by Gonzo
    the ps2 main strengths for me is the final fantasy series which is unavailable everywhere else, amazing game

Its on Gamecube too.
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
    ffcr0806.jpg

Youve done it again Gonzo. Hes the master of subject changing. Boards should employ you to end fewd by talking about something totally different. :D

Where did the wrestling board go? Where did all these computer games come from :D

Hanza

im just gifted

Your just mental.

Lemme guess. You whoring your cousins broad band at the moment? :D

Hanza

nope whoring my own broadband at home before i boot up final fantasy X2 for first time:D

OK seriously guys... what was this thread origionally about?

:D

Hanza

WHERE IN THE BLUE HELL IS THIS SMACKDOWN PS2 TOURNAMENT GONNA BE HELD?!

Now we're back on track!
    Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Xero

EXACTLY!! if anyone has any suggestions on how we could go about having this tournement then post them. and i just to sevrve as an insentive i'll just say i WOULD destroy everyone of u :D

Them sounds like fighting wordz! :P
    Nero

• Advertisement
Advertisement