Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

deutsch!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Cookie

? Ich darf auf Deutsch schreiben, nur nicht über das Wetter. Haha - für Iren ist das eine GROßE Beschränkung :o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭huge

um ich heisse eugene mitchell ich bin vierzehn jahre alt ich komme aus ireland ich wohne limerick mein lieblings fussball und rugby

i know loads more i lernt what german i know in 1st year great language much easier than french and irish

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭thebigmc

Guten tag alles aus deutchland
    Ich heisse Padraig und ich habe seit funf jahren in die Schule Deutch gelernt.
    Ich glaube deutsch ist super ganz einfach. Irisch und franzosich sind viel starker als deutsch.
    Ich war schon einmal in deutschland-Rhineland Pfalz! Es war cool!
    Also hallo allen deutschen auf "the boards"

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Smeagol

Dankeschön.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭pyxxel

Na also, es gibt ja auch ein paar nette Leutchen hier!! Egal wie gut sie Deutsch können...

Hat hier eigentlich irgend jemand Interesse an der Fußball-Bundesliga???

Tschüssichen..........

• Advertisement

nein, aber gaelic football vielleicht....?

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Ist der viele Gaelic Football Manschaft auf Deutschland? vieleicht in der nahe Berlin...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

"Ist der" :rolleyes:

Shamrok wrote:
    "Ist der" :rolleyes:
    I've never learnt German (and I have no idea what wickser is) aber ich werde deine kinder essen :mad:

Es gibt einige in Deutschland und Europa. Ich denke es gibt einen europaweit Liga? Es gibt bestimmt eine Mannschaft in der Nähe von München.

• Advertisement

wichser (spelling?) is w@nker :)
    for those of you who want to improve your vocabulary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Mirabae

Cookie wrote:
    wichser (spelling?) is w@nker :)
    for those of you who want to improve your vocabulary

Heya,

@cookie the spelling of the word is correct, but be careful.

Bye for now,
    Mirabae

I know!! don't worry, but it's good to know !
    (had a weirdo start talking to me in luxemburg - he didn't think I knew what 'wichsen' was, but as soon as he said that's what he had been doing, I ran!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭isolde

in the train station? possibly the weirdest train station in the world. freak heaven..

~isolde

I was in another part of Luxemburg, away from the station that was also full of freaks. Think it was like their equivalent of a red light district but it was seriously dodge.

first time I went there and passed through the station, there was a wino, dragging himself along on his ass, leaving a wet trail behind him. I don't think I need to spell it out....

Was the floor made of double-ply? How did we get so far off topic :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭isolde

I actually think prostitutes use it to pick people up.. or people use it to pick up prostitutes.. im not sure how to put it but ya know what i mean. One time I was there I'm sure that's what was happening..
    I think the toilets there are 1.10euro to discourage all the drunks from using them..

He'ya,

Just to come back to the title of this forum. At the moment I am reading the book "The Da Vinci Code" (Author Dan Brown). I was really surprised when I saw the title of the German translation, the title of the German version of this book is "Das Sakrileg".

Translations are strange, aren't they?

Another example is the title of the film "Haunted manson". The German version has the title "Das Geisterhaus". In my point of view this translation does not fit the meaning of the English original title.

It's strange, isn't it ?

Bye for now,
    Mirabae

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

Mirabae wrote:
    Another example is the title of the film "Haunted manson". The German version has the title "Das Geisterhaus". In my point of view this translation does not fit the meaning of the English original title.

I suppose "Haus" for "Mansion" is idiomatic enough. LEO likes "das Spukhaus" for haunted house, which is a new one on me, but fair enough. I think where titles are concerned, publishers would be less concerned about title-title correspondence and more interested that the book as a whole hang together. In the case of this book, "Geisterhaus" rolls off the tongue quite well, and, as long as the house in question actually has ghosts in it, would seem to fit well.

Translated film titles can be a bit more amusing - mainly because of the fondness for retaining the English title and adding a German subtitle:

http://german.about.com/library/weekly/aa010702a.htm

Of course, this has been going on for quite some time. Anybody ever encounter "Bunbury (oder wie wichtig es ist, ernst zu sein)"?

Dermot

• Advertisement

hee hee - a mate told me that Harry Potter was 'Harald Töpfer' auf Deutsch :)

Cookie wrote:
    hee hee - a mate told me that Harry Potter was 'Harald Töpfer' auf Deutsch :)

He was spoofing. Feed "Harry Potter" to Amazon.de...

Dermot

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Smeagol

hee hee - a mate told me that Harry Potter was 'Harald Töpfer' auf Deutsch
    Good one, so kanns gehen mit direkter Übersetzung, auch andersherum. So wurde aus einem Johann Heinrich Deutschendorf ein John Denver.
    Aber nochmal zum Thema GAA. In der Gegend, wo ich gewohnt habe, wird auch football und hurling gespielt:
    NRWGAA
    Habe selbst mal mitgespielt, hat sehr viel Spass gemacht.
    http://www.deutsch-irische-gesellschaft.de/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Ich habe boards.de gefunden. Was ist los?

Moin Moin an alle,

Hurling, klingt interessant wie funktioniert das Spiel ?

Gruß,
    Mirabae

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Wilkommen nach Boards, Mirabae! Wo wohnen Sie in Deutschland?

Healio wrote:
    Wilkommen nach Boards, Mirabae! Wo wohnen Sie in Deutschland?

Hallo Helalio,

Danke für die Begrüßung. Bitte nicht Sie zu mir sagen, so alt bin ich noch nicht ;) .

Ich wohne am Rhein.

Im Profil habe ich gesehen das Du bei einem Buchmacher arbeitest. Worauf wird denn bei euch am meisten gewettet Pferderennen, Fußball, Hunderennen, etc. ?

Tschüß,
    Mirabae

Mirabae wrote:
    Moin Moin an alle,

Servus!
    Mirabae wrote:
    Hurling, klingt interessant wie funktioniert das Spiel ?

Stelle Dir ein Spiel vor, das ähnlich wie Eishockey ist, nur noch gefährlicher und fast ohne Schützung gespielt (viele tragen einen Helm, aber, soweit ich weiss, nicht alle). Obwohl es in der Regel arschkalt ist, wird nicht auf Eis sondern auf "Rasen" gespielt. Hurling sei das schnellste Feldspiel überhaupt. Gar nichts für Weicheier...

Dermot

Moin Mackerski,

Danke für die Erklärung. Klingt so als verhalte sich Hurling zu Eishockey wie Rugby zu Football.

Viele Grüß,
    Mirabae

• Advertisement

wenn du Englisch kannst, findest Du Informationen dazu hinter folgendem Link:

http://www.gaa.ie/page/all_about_hurling.html

Advertisement