Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drive's Will not burn at 4x

• 22-02-2004 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I have now had 3 different make Drives and none of them will burn off at 4x with different media, I have the Lg 4040b, the Sony Dru500a and The NEC 1300A, All are happy with burning at 2x but in the dropdown menu in NERO 5.xxx & 6.xxx their is only 1x or 2x allowed, this I have tried with a few different Media types, Has anyone seen this?, I have seen these complaints before on other forum's and no real explination, Does anyone have an answer? or is their any ideas's?,
    Tom.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

are the cd-rw disc's by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

he's talking about dvd's you schlong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

perhaps the dvds your are using only allow 2x write speed

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

What kind of setup do you have?

I've a P3 550Mhz with 8x NEC 2500a and it burns 4x no problems. Haven't got any 8x discs to try yet though I doubt if my current system will be able to handle the rate of data transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Is your ide controller set to PIO mode or DMA mode ... if its PIO it'll take most of your CPU resources and still wont be able to burn full speed ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I've a pioneer 106, and the freebie dvd-r that came with it would only burn at 2x, but the yellow datawrites that I've been using for the last few weeks all burn at 4x.

What type of media have you been using? Cheapo stuff or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

some demo versions of Nero limit the write speed.
    If it's not the drive & not the media then the software must be at fault.

Advertisement