Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help......q3 related!:)

Options
  • 31-10-2000 6:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Everytime I go into Barrysworld RA3 server my mouse seems less focus. As in it feels different, like it's harder to keep the crosshair stable (more jerky or has a tendancy to move or something). This makes it harder to pull off rails and well basically everything. It's fine on single player and on the majority of the other servers (even on Barrys FFA). So what I'll like to know is that if it's a serverside thing (which I think it is) and what could, if anything could, be done to my config to adjust for this? Thx in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Eh?!? You've never heard of latency?

It takes time for the signal your computer sends to arrive at and be processed by the server computer, and also for the server computer to react to this signal. This is latency, or lag, and is shown in milliseconds by your ping value. I presume this is what you're talking about...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

RA3 and some other mods, copies your q3config.cfg from your baseq3 directory when you first run the mod.

Could it be possible that it has done just that and you are using an older config with old mouse settings to the one you are using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

I get this too,
    Just put "smoth mouse" in the control menu to on and it goes away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Boa

Nah! well basically I've made sure of all the above b4 (Sico I think I know how lag feels smile.gif). This is something odd as in it's just to those Barrys RA3 servers. Just thought somebody came across this odd problem b4, cuz atm for the life of me I don't understand why. Maybe I should change isp when I go to those ones or something. Till then I guess I have to do with being a 80 pinger on the Sonnet ra3 servers :/.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Next time it happens try lowering ur Rate, snaps, max packets ect.

Narf!
    Clan Acid
    Clan Bio

• Advertisement
Advertisement