Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shop at home spyware?

• 22-02-2004 12:52pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi, every site i go to, i do see my browser pointing to shopathomeselect.com, it also has the url i typed in, and a "customer_id" in the url aswell. then I getredirected real quickly to the site i had typed in
    Now I know this has to be spyware, but the problem arises that I can't get rid of it, I used ad-ware, search and destroy. these programs cleaned and removed all the spyware, but this shop at home thing is still there, doesn't seem to be picking it up.
    any idea's on other antispyware to use?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

try this. it works for me. don`t forget to look at the bottom of the page as there are two extra files you may need to install
    http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

That program seems handy - thanks

I did a bit of googling about that shopathome, apparantly you can remove it from the "add/remove" tried it, but it failed and reinstalled itsself after reboot :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

do you still use internet explorer? have you tried firefox? iv never heard of crap like this happening in firefox

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Yes, I use IE and Mozilla, but prob use ie more often because its what I always used to use year backs.. and just in the habbit of using it.
    I'll take a look at firefox and see what the screenies are like..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

That "shop at home" adware gave me no end of grief awhile back, here's my story.

Ran AdAware for the first time and it found loads of stuff. While removing it all a messege popped up "Could not remove isp.dll, will be removed after reboot"
    After the reboot I found I had lost my net connection compleatly.
    So I restored the quarintine file from adaware and luckily got my connection back.

I managed to track down which one it was by useing quarantine to remove groups of spyware at a time (Cydor, ect)

The culprit was SAH-Agent (Shop at Home). I found out the solution to remove it involved reg editing so I just said "f uck that" and left it.

A few weeks later I went and did another scan found more stuff and went to remove it all. I figured I'd just be able to restore Sah agent again If things went pear shaped. WRONG. Same messege popped up "Could not remove isp.dll, will be removed after reboot"

Compleatly lost my connection again and this time restoring the qurantine file didnt work:eek: :eek:

After a few hours pulling my hair out, I decided to hunt down all the Sah .exe files on my system , click them all, and pray to God one of them was an uninstall.

YESSSS:D

They had incuded a proper uninstall after all, got my connection back and Shop at home was GONE:D

Now I dont know why your adaware Isnt picking this one up. Maybe it's a new version or maybe the Adaware devs removed the abilty to remove it because of the problems I just described.

Anyway heres a link about it, good luck
    :ninja:
    http://www.spyany.com/program/article_spy_rm_SAHAgent.html

• Advertisement

I'll check that link now,
    I do notice my firewall does be stopping out going connect from the file c:\windows\system32\SAH-Agent.exe to the url shopathomeselect.com port 80

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

I cant remember the name of the file I clicked on that removed it. It might have been sah.exe
    But I remember they had a fake Uninstal exe, SahUn.exe or somthing, thats probably the file linked to in your add/remove programs list.

Tried the manual uninstall there, but i see its still loaded in the process view when i rebooted.
    I'm gona use Mozilla more often now, but I really liked the way google had a popup blocker for ie... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭oneweb

Originally posted by Lenny I'm gona use Mozilla more often now, but I really liked the way google had a popup blocker for ie... :( [/B]
    Mozilla and Firefox have built in Popup blockers ;)

It is what it's.

Ahh so it does, just turn it on there :D
    thanks for your help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

<Oj-> check my other topic in this forum to see what this post means..
    <Oj-> lads, I removed this sortware manually.
    <Oj-> now I can't seem to log into any websites that require a password(ones that have the secure sign at the bottom) in ie it says page not avaible, mozilla just says "done" with a blank page.
    <Oj-> now.. any ifea's to come around this, think its the spyware that did it too me :(
    <Oj-> or know were I can re-download the spyware
    <Oj-> and some times on boards when i try post it says "topic not found" or nothing happens when i click submit reply :(

Advertisement