Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Motherboard is the Best?

• 22-02-2004 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

So which one is the best, most reliable, best features, value for money..........???

Which Motherboard is the Best? 44 votes

Abit
    0% 0 votes
    AsRock
    52% 23 votes
    Asus
    0% 0 votes
    Epox
    43% 19 votes
    MSI
    4% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

You sould add DFI to the list. There boards are stable as hell for serious overclocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i'm chuffed with my Abit NF7's value for money.
    perfecly stable for the past week & a half with a 2500+ running as a 3200+ as wellicon14.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I have a Abit IC7-G. Top notch board Excellent allrounder. It has everything

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Abit Nf7-S, just don't fúck up the bios update like I did! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Just ordered an a-bit ic7-g max 3 for my new rig. Best intel board you can get at the moment anyway.

BloodBath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

have the abit AN-7 here so i guess ill vote abit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭fester

well i was gonna get an asus, but due to enlightenment i think i'll get an Abit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Personally im a bit Abit fan, started out with Asus. To be honest if i have a choice i will always pick abit, fantastic boards and stable as hell. Have went through quite a few boards and never any problems with Abit (few with MSI alrite).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

/me strokes NF7-S 2.0

I had an MSI KT3 Ultra before this, no problems with that either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Originally posted by Dempsey
    I have a Abit IC7-G. Top notch board Excellent allrounder. It has everything

ditto

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭crowl

I have just ordered an asus SK8V K8T800 for my fx51 and in terms of features and preformance it seems to come out on top. Pity about the price tho:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by Big Chief
    have the abit AN-7 here so i guess ill vote abit :)

hows that working out for you, i heard bad things about the first batch?

my board as in sig and i'm quite happy with it, but asrock why where they put there, they don't stand out from the crowd as quality mobo's imo, i'd have gigabyte, DFI, chaintech before that stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I've an MSI, and it's fecking brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

hahaha Assrock,
    anyway is it not more important to say which chipset. altho i have found abit boards to be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by bazH
    hahaha Assrock,
    anyway is it not more important to say which chipset. altho i have found abit boards to be good.

i think chipset is the first thing to decide on, but from then on i'd start looking at manufacturers and the features they offer, bios options for overclockability and the like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

My MSI 648 Max is a great motherboard for me. Was the fastest intel motherboard you could get December a year ago but suits me. Has everything i need and only cost me 90 euro.

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    hows that working out for you, i heard bad things about the first batch?

my board as in sig and i'm quite happy with it, but asrock why where they put there, they don't stand out from the crowd as quality mobo's imo, i'd have gigabyte, DFI, chaintech before that stuff

I couldnt agree more. My old Abit IC-7 gave me tons of grief and Im happy to see the back of it. Same system but using a DFI Lanpaty PRO875b and damm the difference is cool. My system seem's soooooo much more stable and a hell of alot faster :D

ps. If anyone wants to buy a Abit IC-7 just let me know lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭fester

Do you think DFI would have won if it had been included?

Hard to say really. Not many ppl over here have them but they have been getting great reviews on most of the Hardware sites. You only have to so a google searh for any of there boards to see how well received they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I don't think it would have anyway. It is the best overclocking board and has some great features(comes with a bag for your case and lights up under uv light) but it performs slightly worse than the asus p4c800 deluxe and the abit ic7 max3 which tops the list.

Both the asus and the abit are excellent overclockers but are pricey.

Not sure about the price on the dfi but the other two are around the e180-190 mark.

Not many sites seem to stock the lanparty either so it's hard to pick up.

BloodBath

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

I refer you to this thread:
    What the heck...?

Unless you have experience with several boards from every one of the manufacturers, there is no way you could possibly have a reliable measure of which manufacturer makes the best motherboards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Thats very true , But if people have had good experiences with a certain board (even if its the first) then its good to see what impressions people have. I know its easy to say the first board you have is the best as you have no comparasion to base your opinion on........ but if you have no trouble with it, like its features and are happy with it in general then i think the vote is valid.

Ive had a few makes (MSI, Abit (lots of em), Asus, Aopen, Intel) and abit are definetly without a doubt my fav. I could tell this almost straight away, dealing with different baords hasent changed my mind at all. I would like to try DFI as they seem to be simular to Abit design wise and have been getting great reviews.

This pole is more to show what general opinions are as apposed to in-depth knowlege of motherboards.........so everyones vote counts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,654 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by COL_LOKI
    Ive had a few makes (MSI, Abit (lots of em), Asus, Aopen, Intel) and abit are definetly without a doubt my fav. I could tell this almost straight away, dealing with different baords hasent changed my mind at all. I would like to try DFI as they seem to be simular to Abit design wise and have been getting great reviews.

Exactly the same here apart from that I have no experience with Aopen, but have with Asrock, Epox, Iwill, ECS

Abit all the way :)

Advertisement