Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acts you'd like to see come to OXYGEN

• 22-02-2004 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

Seeing as the possibility of my beloved Coldplay being there this year is a big fat very unlikely....the band I'd most like to see play on a realistic scale there is Travis. Ash, The 4 Of Us too.....and most of the acts that were there last year.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Snow Patrol
    Turin Brakes
    The Frames
    Interpol
    The Pixies
    Belle and Sebastian
    Franz Ferdinand
    Ok Go
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    Al Stewart*

Amoust others.

*I can always pray

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

The Strokes, Travis, Moloko, Air, BRMC, Franz Ferdinand, Interpol, The Pixies, Audioslave, Snow Patrol, The Doves, Belle and Sebastian, The White Stripes, The Sawdoctors, Tom McRae and maybe Weezer.

Delighted the Chemical Brothers, Bowie, are on the list.

Like to see all the usual Irish acts aswell - Frames, Casey, Dempsey, Bell X1, David Kitt etc. Dont think I'd go to see Damien Rice, unless he brings out this "new album".

I'd love to see the Polyphonic Spree and the Manic's there again - missed them last year.
    Saw Coldplay though, best act of the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Some good acts there....

Didn't realise the Chemical Brothers were playing. Excellent!

Yeah Coldplay were amazing last year.....doubt they'll be doing any gigs this year....not until after Miss Paltrow has Chris junior anyway :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

Couple of people seem to be hoping 4 snow patrol which is great

I would also like yo see GL bring some of his reindeer section mates and do two gigs!

not completely unlikely but... fairly unlikely.

I would like to see Damien Rice play in a tent instead of mainstage - felt he was good but a little lost in the size of the open air mainstage 2003. in 2002 he was unbelievably good in the rising tent. though he'll prob draw too big a crowd not to be mainstage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Interpol
    White Stripes
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    Belle and Sebastian
    Muse
    The Strokes
    Blink 182
    Feeder
    Amazing Pilots
    Therapy?
    The Libertines
    Brand New
    The Pixies

...would be nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Morrissey
    His first album in seven years ‘You Are The Quarry’ is out in May and him playing the same day as Bowie would be legendary........keep dreaming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

reprazent
    atari teenage riot
    kraftwerk
    asian dub foundation
    un-cut
    london electricity
    phuturistix
    paradox live pa
    ultra violet
    air

not a snowballs chance in hell any of them will get booked, much less that there will be any credible electronic music [the chemical brothers, dont make me laugh] so theres no real point going.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

The Strokes(best band in the world at d mo) are playin and that's all I need. Can't wait to see Bowie either. The Darkness can go suck off NERD for all I care!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Frames
    Mundy
    David Kitt
    Electric 6
    Stranglers
    Cruachan
    Green Day
    Offspring

Quite happy bout the Darkness and gonna go regardless who plays!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Yeah same here....regardless of who plays it's a fantastic weekend! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement