Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa vs Birmingham(includes score)

• 22-02-2004 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

2-2
    OMG how did we throw this one away. we had three points in the bag then we just collapsed after forsells goal. We didnt even play football in the second half. great shot by hitz which was sadly cancelled out. for us it was one of them hollow draws that felt like a loss. i must give credit to luke moore making his senior debut on a local derby-never an easy thing he did well to get the ball forward and he set up angel with a good chance

sorensen 6 De la cruz 6 Mellberg 7 Johnsen 6 Samuel 6/7 Solano 6 Hitzlesperger 7 hendrie 7 barry 7 Angel 6 vassel ........ Moore 7 whittingham 5 Dublin 5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Angel should have scored and killed the game off when Moore set him up. It was an easy chance. Still fair play to Birmingham they didn't give up despite Villa playing the far better football. In the end Villa were made pay for their missed chances.

On a side note, two assists for Morrison and he made a hell of a difference when he came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Sounds like a good game from a neutrals point of view!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Drove me to drink that did, I felt sick, WTF was Angel and Vassell at???

We missed delaney, Where was Del A Cruz when they got the second on the back post, he's crap.

We didn't get stuck in at all in the scond half, missed McCann very badly and Barry when he went off.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

Vassell drives me mad sometimes. OK, he scored one today, but he should have had a hatrick.... How many times have you seen him get the ball and just run it out of play.....? He's got bags of pace, but that's not enough. He's the most overrated player in the league.

I agree about Luke Moore, he did very well when he came on. If the tabliods are to be believed, Arsenal & Man Utd are trying to poach him.... He made his debut for Villa reserves when he was just 14!!! There was a load of clubs in for him back then, Villa were the only club to offer contracts to himself AND his brother Stefan, so they joined together. He showed great composure to square that ball for Angels chance towards the end.... well done.

Hitz's goal was superb. He'll save us a fortune in the summer if he keeps progressing the way he has been. O'Leary transformed Angel , he's doing the same job on Hitz now. Watch him, he has everything - killer pass, vision, a cannon for a left foot, and he can mix it when he needs to. Himself & McCann together has to be our best pairing when available. Get that Hendrie gimp outta there. He's muck.

Mellberg is already one of the best Villa players ever, but he was at fault today for their 2nd goal. He tried to play Serious John offside, and just stood there with his hand in the air instead of covering the danger after play was waved on. Dissappointing.

We'll batter them next year though when O'Leary gets more of his own players in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

An excellent game though. Villa were amazing in the first half.

One of the best matches ive seen in along time:D

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Great game, Vassell's finishing was unbelievably poor though, while Forssell looks like a really good player. The Villa fans in the pub looked ready to hurl when Birmingham equalised... i don't think the Brum fans rubbing it in their faces helped any :)

Advertisement