Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win2003 FTP Permissions problem

Options
  • 22-02-2004 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

I have a problem here.I know i should probably be running red hat as a web server, but i dont have time to build another machine and want to know if this is possible...

I have win2003 server installed on a machine.... i had a copy of apache and titan ftp server , and i knew how to use them .. so i installed them on the machine as well.

Everything works ok - i can log in .... upload...download, browse the site , etc etc.

The only thing i cant seem to get to work is PERMISSIONS and its driving me mad.

I have never used a windows server before , but i wanted to be able to test some php settings at home without having to upload and download everything.

Can anyone help me here - every time i try to change a permission on the server i get ..... 502 - COMMAND NOT IMPLIMENTED.

Is it even possible to change permissions on a windows server ?

Thanks in advance for any help

Taz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

What you are trying to do is CHMOD a file... that is to say, apply *nix permissions to it. Obviously enough, *nix permissions don't work on Windows machines. To set permissions on Windows machines you just have to right click on the folder in Windows Explorer or whatever and click the "Permissions" tab. Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭DjTaz

Thanks Rhino,

I can do that myself when im at home , but what if im testing something by ftp'ing into it and want to get that working ?

I cant just open the folder and click permissions then .. any other suggestions ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

I'm not sure, if you asked in the web hosting forums one of the guys from Hosting 365 or something might be able to help you. I'm not aware of exaclty how to do it because every FTP client I've ever used seems to rely on CHMOD exclusively.

Advertisement