Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there secret servers

Options
  • 29-10-2000 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Maybe its just me but whenever i go onto any of the irish servers there is never anybody on them.

WHY?

Are the a few "secret" servers out there that i have not been told about.

THE DESTROYER biggrin.gif
    the guy that all of you secretly fear....

[This message has been edited by THE DESTROYER (edited 29-10-2000).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 THE DESTROYER

Thanks Castor Troy that helps a lot....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

If we told you we'd have to rail you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

No Destroyer, there are no secret servers, Ireland has two Quake3 servers, and they are constantly empty.
    There are a few reasons for this, the main one being that there are so few Q3 players that ppl tend not to check the server, just go to IRC if they have a game.
    Its a bit of a vicious circle, if there were loads of Q3ers in Ireland, ppl would get online and go straight to the servers because you'd be guaranteed there would be games on. And of course there would be games on because everyone's goin to the servers.
    It's the opposite here: Everyone expects there to be nobody on the servers, so everyone goes to IRC. If someone DOES want a game, they go to Barrysworld it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

Net House are looking at putting up a Q3 server (maybe 2) and a CS server....
    On a huge irish connect (ie - pretty much garaunting good pings) but the problem is exactly the above. The counter strike servers will nearly certainly be full all the time. But the quake ones are a bit more of a risk.

We would HAVE to get the servers full at least some of the time to keep the other parties involved happy, so it seems that it might not be a totally viable exercise.
    Unfortunatly.
    frown.gif
    N

If the bottom falls out of your world, drink Andrews and the world will fall out of your bottom!!
    nethousegames

[This message has been edited by SHADOW (edited 01-11-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Shad, just stick Sico on it 24hrs, with a drip of liquidated hungry joes(thats all he eats anyways), trust me he does't actully require sleep, ever biggrin.gif

Narf!
    Clan Acid
    Clan Bio

[This message has been edited by havok* (edited 01-11-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Shadow - i know how much people would use CS servers, but about the quake server - couldn't u call it a league server?
    Like the Irish Quake III FFA League Server, and we can use it for ffa, even if it is empty most of the time, we will have league FFA'S there, and it we can go there for normal ffa's. At the moment, there is no good Irish server for a ffa. Vishnu doesn't allow that mode. I dunno if games1 allows ffa or not, but it spikes every 5 mins

then we would need to have another ffa league... which we should do anyway imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

ra3/ca maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

RA3 would be nice, we don't need CA because you can vote into CA on games1 and (or?) vishnu and its not that popular anyway from the response I've seen on the servers, people prefer ffa to CA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

red rover (or whatever thats called, that we played once at some lan.. people who were there will know what im talking about) is deadly, put up a server of that, its a lot like free-for-all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Boa

I think we'll all be better off trying a RA3 server. Cuz there're probably ppl around that don't always feel like timing this and timing that, so they can go for a quick 1v1 on it. And when 4+ ppl get on they have the option to have a 2v2. Then also u have the option of the RA3 clan arena. So I think there's alot for every1 and will encourage more ppl to get on the Irish servers. And even the newbies will be encouraged to join in and learn the ropes cuz every1 at sometime will get taken out in 2 secs even the so called L33t players. Atm (q3wise) it's probally the most populated servers around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Yup_Yup

RA3!

R A 3!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

More importantly - Are there secret caves where hides the Loch Ness monster?

your views interest me, and i would like to subscribe to your magazine and or newsletter

(VOR)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

There shall be much Red Rover at SicoLAN.
    Nyom.

Put 'em in your mouth and suck 'em
    Clan Acid

Advertisement