Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser eye surgery

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I too am debating the issue of gettin laser surgery with myself,
    My prescription is -8 and -9.5 so it would make a huge difference to me being able to see properly without bottle tops of glasses,
    But what I was wondering is has anybody got it done that has more then just short sightedness? as in astigmatism or double vision or anyhting?
    Just wonderin as I wouldnt mind still havin to wear weak glasses after wonderin anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭obewan

Eurorunner, as you say it appears that those who experienced "pain" were the ones who had PKR. This is what I said I had, so I cannot vouch for the Lasik treatment.

I was on holidays (not out foreign) when I had the procedure done but I think I would have taken a few days off anyway. Having "itchy" eyes that you cannot scratch is very annoying. As for going on holidays, if bright sunlight is involved then I would assume that the glare could be hard to take.

The main thing is if it's PKR then you have to be quite careful for a few days, I mean you don't want to get any dirt/dust/sand in your eyes. Also I was told NO HEAVY LIFTING for a week. Where Lasik is concerned my brother was told No Lifting as well.

Mick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

A friend had her eyes done in thailand a few years back, she was delighted with the results, she never said anything about pain at all ++ its a great country to go on holidays in.

Advertisement