Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motherboard Information Required

• 22-02-2004 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi All,

Hopefully someone could help me.
    I have a motherboard that originally came out of a Compaq Presario 6000 series. The board model number is MS-6541.
    I am looking specifically for the jumper settings for the HD light, power switch etc,

If anyone has one of these or any information on it I would be eternally grateful.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

If you look really close the layout should be printed on the board beside each pin e.g. Hd led, PW sw etc...

Thanks joePC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

an old compaq machine of mine doesn't have any pin markings. and instead of seperate wires for speaker, hdd led etc. it just has one ribbon cable.

think its the same in a recent dell pc that i have...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Originally posted by sweetr
    Hi All,

Hopefully someone could help me.
    I have a motherboard that originally came out of a Compaq Presario 6000 series. The board model number is MS-6541.
    I am looking specifically for the jumper settings for the HD light, power switch etc,

If anyone has one of these or any information on it I would be eternally grateful.

Cheers

maybe this will help??

Daniel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sweetr

Thanks to all that replied.

The problem is that that there are no descernible markings near the jumpers only numbers! I was hoping that maybe someone who has one could take a peek inside and note what goes where

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

sweetr,

the problem is compounded by the fact that the MS-6541 doesn't appear on the MSI website anywhere. There is even a mb_comparison.pdf that lists for example (K7N2GM -> MS-6777) so you can compare marketing names with model names and vice versa, but I couldn't find anything on 6541. Best bet is to find out the original Compaq model and try the Compaq site.

D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sweetr

Thanks for the reply.

Ive been through all the usual channels including the compaq/hp site.
    Guess I'm just going to have to find someone who has one and copy the settings.

Cheers

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Did you try contacting Compag directly or emailing them? Just on the off chance?

There is an MSI motherboards newsgroup maybe a post there might bring you some luck?

alt.com.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there should be what - 8 pins in that bank? Why not just have a go at trial and error? Obviously one combination should work, and a wrong-setting shouldn't affect anything major?

Advertisement