Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simpsons Forum Request

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    if this should come to pass, then I feel a subsection called ‘Priscilla Queen of the Desert’ is well called for

If so, we also need an Abba forum, to avoid Abba related topics being debated in the PQOTD forum. We also need a gathering card which says "No more f*cking Abba!"

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Originally posted by amp
    Nice idea but I feel it'd take the fun out of F/S.

Also I've checked and haven't been able to find a forum for insects. Insects are the most common life form on this planet
    I think you will find that bacteria are actually the most common lifeform. However insects are the most diverse. So once more if you get insects, I want bacteria!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

nmabba.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Originally posted by Hobart
    Cough!! :eek:

sorry hobart.

Where did them gathering cards come from. Are they a Boards.ie invention or what?

Cant wait for regi new idea about forum requests. Mentioned on one of the threads here.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

a simple yes or no would suffice really, and perhaps your reasons why...

A simpsons forum has plenty of potential IMO, and thanks for your suggestions amp and co. but i dont think insect or gas forums would be very popular....

and is this my fifth?? lets see, i can think of 2, maybe 3......
    And im not really that desperate to be a mod... it means f*ck all in reality, just thought it would be cool to have a dedicated place to talk about something as popular as the simpsons... if you dont agree then thats fair enough.

Flogen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Originally posted by flogen

Flogen
    can you elaborate Lump?

Flogen

Hmmmm, do you make any sense? I think not.

John

Thanks for tellings us what we can and can't say on this forum.

A simpsons forum has plenty of potential IMO, and thanks for your suggestions amp and co. but i dont think insect or gas forums would be very popular....

and is this my fifth?? lets see, i can think of 2, maybe 3......

Here ya go.

A DVD forum.
    A stupid forum idea forum (oh the irony)
    A News forum.
    An online console games forum.
    And now a Simpsons forum.

And im not really that desperate to be a mod... it means f*ck all in reality, just thought it would be cool to have a dedicated place to talk about something as popular as the simpsons... if you dont agree then thats fair enough.

Hey thanks buddy!

Also, I think there should be a forum for the letter "e". It's a really popular letter and almost everybody uses it . There's so many posts containing this important letter that frankly I'm shocked boards doesn't have one already.

Boards is in danger of losing market share if this isn't created. Also how come no Admins have responded to any of my other forum suggestions?

OOOOOHHHHH Struck down by lord Amp (I just invented that title, don't get excited)

John

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

addtoast.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

after reading this thread, i now have a headache. thank you all. you bastards.

and on that note, can we have a sarcasm forum? i reeealllly want a sarcasm forum.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

firstly Lump, i said a yes or no would suffice, and perhaps reasons why, you seemed to ignore this part... I was just commenting on the sarcastic suggestions such as an oxygen thread and so on.

ok amp, 5 suggestions it was.... whats your point? my online gaming forum was, as you know, not a way for me to become a mod as it was supposed to be a re-jig of existing forums and not a completely new forum
    The other four were suggestions, which i thought were valid enough (although i do now see the pointlessness to the forum suggestions forum). each of my suggestions were met, generally, with fair reasons why not to have such a forum. Your comments have just been idiotic. either you think its a good idea or you dont, thats why I started this thread, to see what kind of support there was for such an idea.

As for telling you what to say, well, maybe someone should, that way you wont make such an ass of yourself so often.

Flogen

You cant fight in here this is the war room.

ah.... genius....

Flogen

firstly Lump, i said a yes or no would suffice, and perhaps reasons why, you seemed to ignore this part... I was just commenting on the sarcastic suggestions such as an oxygen thread and so on.

You seem to ignore the fact that people will express themselves the way they want to. You can't make people give a yes and no answer even if you do suggest it. Also the arrogant way in which you post does your crusade to become a moderator (which I hope to the sweet lord jebus never happens) any good whatsoever.

ok amp, 5 suggestions it was.... whats your point?

My point is simple and it's this: I'm sick of people suggesting forums when there is no clear need for them, when there's no demand for them other than when one power hungry poster thinks he's discovered his ticket into the mod board.

my online gaming forum was, as you know, not a way for me to become a mod as it was supposed to be a re-jig of existing forums and not a completely new forum

I didn't make that connection. I have since of course as it's now obvious to me that lafortezza is correct. Yet you direct your vitriol against me? Why?

The other four were suggestions, which i thought were valid enough (although i do now see the pointlessness to the forum suggestions forum). each of my suggestions were met, generally, with fair reasons why not to have such a forum. Your comments have just been idiotic.

Can you not see the barely hidden message? Ok, I don't usually do this but seeing as you can't seem to comphrehend it properly I'll make it simple for you:

I used your argument about the Simpsons popularity and thought of other things that were popular as examples of why, just because something is popular, doesn't mean it needs a forum. I have to admit being a little carried away, but I do so love a running joke.

either you think its a good idea or you dont, thats why I started this thread, to see what kind of support there was for such an idea.

But when Lump said "Boo, no need" you asked him to elaborate? That doesn't seem to tie in with your request that people state that it's either a good idea or not. You didn't ask the people who were in favour of it to elaborate. That's puzzling.

As for telling you what to say, well, maybe someone should, that way you wont make such an ass of yourself so often.

While I'm deeply concerned that you think I'm making an ass of myself... I say concerned, what I meant to say was that I'm interested. Well more apathetic really. Sort of happy. In fact what I meant to say was I'm absolutely overjoyed that you think I'm an ass.

\o/ Go me! \o/

P.s. Read this. At least if you know the actual name of the thing you propose to create is called then you might, well, dare I say it, make less of an ass of yourself? :)

you seem to have mis-read my post, i said that a yes or no (with elaboration) would suffice, i did not demand it. I think its abit pointless to just post sarcastic comments when you could have just said 'no, bad idea, not needed' or something to that effect.

Im sorry that your sick of countless suggestions, but there is only one way to see if an idea would have enough support, and thats by putting on this forum. I may think a certain aspect of life (or whatever) has alot of potential, but it may turn out Im the only one to think that. At least Id know for sure.

As I said, Im not all that desperate to be a mod, as much as you may wish and hope and pray.... and Im sorry if you feel like your being picked on... I truely am sorry if it seems that way, I am talking about anyone who, rather can giving some kind of constructive comments, good or bad, just post something pointless.

yes, i did see what you were getting at there, well done sport, good job. The thing is, Oxygen is not as much popular as it is necissary, and although some find insects very interesting, I dont think they have as broad an appeal as something like The Simpsons... just a hunch on that one... dont quote me on it or anything. I also doubt there is as much to talk about as regards Prisilla Queen of the Desert or The Sopranos.... but prove me wrong, please.

Why didnt I ask supporters to elaborate?? well firstly most of them gave a reason for their support. But mainly, if you support it, you do so because you like the idea. If you oppose it, there could be numerous reasons why. I was just wondering what they might be, see if they could be discussed or pointed out to me so I would see the point and accept it.

And Im glad your glad that i think your an ass... it makes me happy to think your happy, for whatever reason that may be.
    and thanks for the BOARDS 101 class, but am I not suggesting a Forum? is that the wrong term?

Flogen

Originally posted by irishgeo

dont make me say it again!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Junkhausen

the mod forum?
    amp you're an idiot....... an elitist prick..
    mod forum.. man, your a funny guy..

and thanks for the BOARDS 101 class, but am I not suggesting a Forum? is that the wrong term?

Anyway, I would like to suggest a Simpsons thread.

D'oh!

Originally posted by Junkhausen
    the mod forum?

What about it?

amp you're an idiot....... an elitist prick..

How am I elitist?............................................ Please elaborate...........................................................................................................................

mod forum.. man, your a funny guy..

Hey thanks............ flogen thinks I'm an ass. I don't get how the mod forum.................. is funny though, guess I must be an ..........................................idiot.......................................................................

sorry about that amp... i truely am, please feel free to pick on any spelling mistakes while your at it

Just to clarify the situation, so....
    I suggest a Simpsons FORUM (does it make you proud amp?)

now, perhaps we can get back to constructive comments about my suggestion rather than what we've seen over the last few posts (i'm getting good at this)

Flogen

sorry about that amp... i truely am, please feel free to pick on any spelling mistakes while your at it

Flogen: Hello, I'd like planning permission for a new room.
    Planning guy: You mean a house?
    Flogen: OMG YOU'RE SUCH AN <B>ASS</b>

Just to clarify the situation, so....
    I suggest a Simpsons <b>FORUM</b> (does it make you proud amp?)

Well if weren't making an ass of yourself with your inabililty to use vBulletin code, especially when all you have to do is click the buttons at the top of the reply box.

now, perhaps we can get back to constructive comments about my suggestion rather than what we've seen over the last few <b>posts</b> (i'm getting good at this)

Are you sure? ;)

• Advertisement

Are you sure?

yes

Flogen

you seem to have mis-read my post, i said that a yes or no (with elaboration) would suffice, i did not demand it.
    Flogen

Hang on, you said people could geive reasons if they wanted... WTF... ake up your mind. I think a simpsons board Is bollox..... I have my reasons... Do you require them?! I'm confused......

John

P.S. Go Amp, for clear concise arguments.

yes

<b><color=pink><size=very big indeed><ass>REALLY?
    </b></color=pink></size=very big indeed></ass>

yeah, thats just what that quote says, ellaboration would suffice, but I never said you had to.... jesus christ even if i did, does that mean you must obey me?? or anyone here??

You have your reasons, i was just wondering if you were going to share them, you can tell me to piss off if you want...

Ok, could you (not just Lump) please give reason to your opposition to a Simpsons forum? thank you.
    Its up to you if you want to or not.

Flogen

Piss off

sorry... that post was for Lump... so why did you even bother?

was it to get in with such a rip-roaring insult?

Flogen

Piss off....

John

That is all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Flogen...

Piss off tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Urinate over there...

/me points in direction of Noddy Land

• Advertisement