Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simpsons Forum Request

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Ok, Simpsons is **** now. Face it. It's not going to turn back around and "turn good", it's just GONE BAD. No reason for a forum for it. Give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Amp.....you're such a cruel mistress,
    Get the Simpsons forum created then ban Flogen from it, everyone's happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I think this needs locking and fast.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

something tells me there isnt much support for this idea:D

well...... at least the sarcasm stopped..........

Flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Junkhausen

how are you being elitist?
    by saying **** like " oh he's only doing it to get a ticket into the mod lounge" ( not a direct quote ). like having a moderatorship really ****ing means anything,and that being a member of the mod lounge is some prestigous accolade....
    go outside into the real world, coz all this bull**** you keep goin on about means nothing out there.. maybe you should realise that and be less cynical to people that are you just trying to suggest a new forum.

oh and by the by, i think if we can have boring **** like moderator lounges and the like, we can have a simpsons forum....is that painful to set one up?

cheers
    parx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

*hols up lighter* we want chilli willies.. we want chilli willies.... oh wait i mean we want simpsons board.. we want simpsons board..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

HA HA..... Best thread evar.

John

Perhaps locking it would be an idea

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Lump

Perhaps locking it would be an idea

It would... and a good one at that

moderator scum the lot of yiz.. die of **** rot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Mysterio

Originally posted by Junkhausen
    how are you being elitist?
    by saying **** like " oh he's only doing it to get a ticket into the mod lounge" ( not a direct quote ). like having a moderatorship really ****ing means anything,and that being a member of the mod lounge is some prestigous accolade....
    go outside into the real world, coz all this bull**** you keep goin on about means nothing out there.. maybe you should realise that and be less cynical to people that are you just trying to suggest a new forum.

oh and by the by, i think if we can have boring **** like moderator lounges and the like, we can have a simpsons forum....is that painful to set one up?

cheers
    parx

While I do not agree with the style of Junkhausens post, especially with regard to all the swear words he attempted to use, I agree with the message he is communicating. Amp should get a life and stop attacking flogen.

All Flogen was doing was suggesting a new forum. This forum is called Feedback/Suggestions and he made a perfectly valid suggestion. Also because he created this thread to begin with I think we should heed his requests to either state wether we approve or not of his idea.

That amp doesn't seem to take seriously anything flogen has to say highlights amps immaturity. Personally I think he should be banned from boards and his moderatorship removed.

Mysterio.

• Advertisement

agreed, and i know im immature blah blah blah, but at least i can accept it ;)
    amp, im gonna go to this drink thing... MAYBE I'LL SEE YOU THERE EH?
    HHAAAA HAAAAA HHAAAAA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BOLLOX

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Originally posted by Mysterio
    That amp doesn't seem to take seriously anything flogen has to say highlights amps immaturity. Mysterio.
    Amp's only 13 years old ffs

thanks for that mysterio, sadly I doubt amp will be banned or his mod status removed, its not the first time hes acted like this regarding forum suggestions and i doubt it will be the last.

Flogen

Originally posted by flogen
    thanks for that mysterio, sadly I doubt amp will be banned or his mod status removed, its not the first time hes acted like this regarding forum suggestions and i doubt it will be the last.

I believe you to be correct flogen. The administrators of this website seem to give him free reign to abuse anybody he likes. He does not lead by example to other users which he should given the length of time he has been on boards and the amount of forums he moderates.

While I'm here, I love your website, but the forum seems to be giving me a 404 message. Did you do Junkhausens website? I noticed the code is very similar. Would you mind if used it?

i didnt make his site, but I got alot of tips from him for mine, and we both use Flash etc.
    My site hasnt been updated in about a year, so that forum is probably dead... the one I keep up to date is www.flogfest.cjb.net (shameless plug there).

Youd have to get in touch with Junkhausen to ask about his design, he might even make you one if ya want!! (were you talking about www.platteau.cjb.net?)

anyway.... back to the topic at hand.

Flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

I believe you to be correct flogen. The administrators of this website seem to give him free reign to abuse anybody he likes. He does not lead by example to other users which he should given the length of time he has been on boards and the amount of forums he moderates.

While I'm here, I love your website, but the forum seems to be giving me a 404 message. Did you do Junkhausens website? I noticed the code is very similar. Would you mind if used it?
    In fairness he is not given a free reign (no more than anybody else here). It's just like, well, he's been here a bit longer than most of us, and that does not excuse him or anybody from being rude, but he just has a way about him. When I first reggg'd here I had a couple of run ins with him. Yes he is a cocky/smart fu**er. But you meet ppl like him everyday (I met him once and he's ugly and small aswell :D ). My point is that he has a bit of a style about him and once you give yourself a chance to get to know how this place works you will understand it.

Oh, and as a postscript to this, don't cod yourself into believeing that this is loike the "real" world or anything. Fairness and Democracy don't really work here. And look deep into yourself and try to figure out how you could not love, forgive and pity a person who has to look like this :

d34thG1v3r.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Ah Mysterio, my own worst enemy, I should have known you'd pop out of the woodwork to attack me.

Im not under no illusion that this is the real world, and I know how undemocratic this place is, but keeping that in mind there are still rules etc, and no amount of time here should excuse you from breaking these rules.

Im not going to start, really, I mean, as i said, nothing will be done, he'll keep up with his 'ways' but that doesnt mean I have to accept it or anything.

Flogen

Originally posted by flogen
    i didnt make his site, but I got alot of tips from him for mine, and we both use Flash etc.
    My site hasnt been updated in about a year, so that forum is probably dead... the one I keep up to date is www.flogfest.cjb.net (shameless plug there).

Very impressive.
    [/b]
    Youd have to get in touch with Junkhausen to ask about his design, he might even make you one if ya want!! (were you talking about www.platteau.cjb.net?)

anyway.... back to the topic at hand.

Flogen [/B]

Indeed I was. I may well do. How much does he charge?
    Originally by amp
    Ah Mysterio, my own worst enemy, I should have known you'd pop out of the woodwork to attack me.

Yes amp, I think it's time the people of boards.ie stood up and said what they really thought of your power mad oppression of the people of boards. If we gather together as a group then surely the Administrators of this thread will be forced to take action.

I refuse to accept his "ways" either. Ban amp!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 DEATHGIVER2003

HEY JUNKHOSEN! YOU SOUND LIKE MY KINDA PEOPLE! WANNA MEET UP AT THE BEERZ? I HAVE FAK ID!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Yes amp, I think it's time the people of boards.ie stood up and said what they really thought of your power mad oppression of the people of boards

you are of course right mysterio

ampie baby we lurve j0o
    sure how could we not tbh ;)

I HAVE FAK ID!

Mr. Giver, I could do with one of those! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

This thread is fun. Perhaps we can have a Simpsons Forum Request Forum so the fun can continue

DEATHGIVER2003 for mod! ;)

That's it Mysterio. I've had it with your allegations of corruption, bribery and intimidation.

You know that mind control device I was working on? Well I've finished it and thanks to the power of bluetooth technology I will be able to make you do anything I wish!

Now dance for me monkey boy! Sing a Wham song while you do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Amp for mod of the simpsons board! :D

Oh so you have decided to make an ass of yourself aga....

Wake me up before you go-go
    Don't leave me hanging on like a yo-yo
    I don't want to miss it when you hit that high
    'Cause I'm not plannin' on going solo
    Take me dancing tonight
    I wanna hit that high (yeah, yeah)

Can I have a banana?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Originally posted by amp
    intimidation.

I will be able to make you do anything I wish!

ATTACK NOW Mysterio!!! amp has backed himself into a corner with his rhetoric, if deathgiver and you work together you can exploit this.

*edit alas it is too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

Is this how people are going to be treated in the future when suggesting things? I 4 1 was going to back this creation. But to be honest the treatment of flugen by admins and mods like Amp and Beruthiel has lead me to the conclusion that this is a place and a community I really dont like. I mean would you all like to be treated in this fashion. And B4 anebdy starts I no that this is not the real wrld

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Originally posted by IITYWYBMAD
    But to be honest the treatment of flugen by admins and mods like Amp and Beruthiel has lead me to the conclusion that this is a place and a community I really dont like.

Neither amp nor beruthiel are admins here. I would suggest that his comments regarding new forums just be ignored because they invariably distract from the merits (or lack of) of those forums.

Originally posted by ecksor
    Neither amp nor beruthiel are admins here. I would suggest that his comments regarding new forums just be ignored because they invariably distract from the merits (or lack of) of those forums.

Not quite correct, I tend to try and highlight the lack of merit of a new forum which I don't think is needed. That I do it in a unique style is a tribute to the freedom we have to express an opinion here on F/B.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by ecksor
    Neither amp nor beruthiel are admins here

no
    I'm not an admin :(
    but if I asked you to marry me on feb 29th, could I become Mrs. Admin that way?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement