Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simpsons Forum Request

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

<QUOTE>
    Neither amp nor beruthiel are admins here. I would suggest that his comments regarding new forums just be ignored because they invariably distract from the merits (or lack of) of those forums. </QUOTE>

I understood that he had some push here. It luks like he can basically say what evr he wnts. As mysteria said. Why does he have thoes titels under his nic if he is not a mod? It says he is a mod? Sorry if I am wrong on this. As you say he is probably best ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I'm a moderator, which means I co-moderate those boards listed. ecksor for example is an Admin with far greater powers than a mere moderator. He along with the other Admins run the actual website, keep it secure from hackers, and can act as a moderator in any forum on boards. They can create new forums, ban users and many other powers that we humble folk can only imagine.

Regarding saying whatever I like, there are plenty of examples in this thread of other people saying whatever they like. Look at Junkhausens "moderator scum the lot of yiz.. die of **** rot" for example.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Originally posted by IITYWYBMAD
    I understood that he had some push here. It luks like he can basically say what evr he wnts. As mysteria said. Why does he have thoes titels under his nic if he is not a mod? It says he is a mod? Sorry if I am wrong on this. As you say he is probably best ignored.

He is a mod. He is not an admin and therefore doesn't make any decisions about what forums are created any more than any other poster on this forum (although as games mod his views would probably carry more weight on the suggestion of a new games forum, for example), which was the point I was making.

I'm going to sticky some guidelines on how forum suggestions are to be handled in future on Feedback / Suggestions that will hopefully address your concerns.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Maybe I missed something, what is amp doing that's so bad? He's not the boss of you, on this board he's just another guy like you giving his opinion on this suggestion. It just so happens he thinks it's a stupid idea. That doesn't mean he decides it doesn't go ahead.
    Should people be forced to shut up if they don't agree with you?

Also I should add, if you get really annoyed reading someone's posts, just ignore them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

no answer then eck?
    I'm gutted tbh...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Uh, just outta interest, where have people like IITYWYBMAD picked up the impression that only amp and one or two other people can say whatever they like here, it's the internet ffs, anyone can say anything they like on this here boards.ie from what i've seen. So long as your not being completely insulting to other members, or threatening them seriously, your post will be tolerated.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Ruthie, we'll discuss this futher at the beers ... ;)

Those guidelines are stickied. Comment and discussion of them is invited on that thread.

This thread is closed.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sigh.

Chalm down, Chalm down.

We need to address this. Limiting everyone to one reply isnt discussion, its voting. I dont want voting on forum creation because a lot of the time I just choose to or not, and that choice is frequently based on how I feel right at that point in time. I'm not going to rationalise something that isnt.

I'll have a chat with the admins and see what needs fixing and how best to fix it.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement