Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting kicked from cavan combat.

Options
  • 22-02-2004 8:01pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Im getting kicked guys with a message saying punkbuster timed out 2 minutes or something to that affect.
    My ingame pings are about 30-60 so surely im not getting kicked for high ping?
    Any ideas chaps ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

I had that problem too man. Something to do with punkbuster not updating itself or something. I downloaded a little program to sort it out. I'll go find it and post you the link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

extract this into your pb folder(which is in the battlefield folder)

run it and it will update punkbuster for you

if you find yourself getting kicked again a few days/weeks later then run it again. it needs to be run again to update itself

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Cheers Bullman.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

If you check the Battlefield Patches and Mods thread I have updated it with Punkbuster updates and update files. Keep an eye on that for updates and information on how to manually update it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

can u get it to auto-update itself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Punkbuster is designed to automaticly update itself ingame while you are playing. For people not on broadband access that can cause lag and other problems so for people on dial-up it is generally better to use the manual update system.

It will though update itself automaticly all the time.

Advertisement