Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Value for money

Options
  • 22-02-2004 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

We all know that it's a rip-off, but where can we get value for money?

Post your tips here please!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Seantoir

I saw a reference to laptops bought from Dixons in another thread. In my personal experience the best value for money laptops on sale in Ireland are definitely NOT sold in retail stores. Dell, for example, sell quality laptops at good prices with good after sales options to suit your pocket and they are not the only alternative outlet.

Don't accept bloated retail prices. Shop around online to see if you can do better, most of the time you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Originally posted by Seantoir
    We all know that it's a rip-off, but where can we get value for money?

In the Bargains Forum ?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I generally do most of my shopping online now (with exception of food). Usually cheaper for more expensive items, though I've even started buying consumables like ink refills on the web too as they're cheaper than buying locally too usually (i started using Cartex for them).

Advertisement