Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle weak spots

Options
  • 22-02-2004 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

Wondering if vehicles have weak spots? I'm getting frustrated with being on the losing end of a tank or plane battle.

Examples. Taking on another tank with me firing the first shot. I'm not missing(I think) but I still end up dead and they are still going strong(well smoking but it's better than being dead). Same with planes and stuff. If I'm flying around and another plane fires on me(esp a tankbuster) I'll be dead before I know it. But if it's me in the same position flying up behind someone it take me an eternity to kill them. So long that the guns are overheating and jamming-something I didn't think was possible in the planes

I'm talking about dc more than battlefield but I'm open to all ideas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

not sure about planes or dc but in the orginial battlefield the armour strength of tanks is based on front greater then side greater then back i think, so its best to shoot them up the ass basically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Its been awhile since I played BF , in tank fights Id hold my fire till I was close and sure to get a shot, just watch them miss with their first shots and start to get desperate, keep your speed up and circle round them hitting the sides and the rear as data said.

Another thing is always remember which side you exit vehicles from. If your in a tank and you know your about to go bye bye dont be a dope and stay till the end, use your last few seconds to turn the tank the way that gives you the best chance of escape:ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Wondering if vehicles have weak spots? I'm getting frustrated with being on the losing end of a tank or plane battle.

As with every thing with a gun....you want to be behind it

Tanks have far far less armour on its ass
    Aircrafts of all types (helos jets etc) have no weapions back their .....Other than one or 2 ww2 aircraft....but how many people really play as a team in this game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

thats it, shoot the tanks up the ass primarily, sides if thats the best you can do... as they can be circling you too

shoot planes on their engines

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Or if your playing forgotten Hope mod, aim for the tracks, one rocket in the track destroys pretty much any tank in the game (the way it should be, tracks are the true weakspot of ANY tank). As for vanilla BF and DC, keep speed high and try to circle them, if your far away try dodging their shots normally by getting yourself perpendicular to them and going forward/back depending on where the shell is going to hit, if its going to be a direct hit go forward, far faster acceleration.

• Advertisement
Advertisement