Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win 2000 probs(naturally)

• 22-02-2004 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi, having a couple of probs with this installation of win 2000 pro, sp6.

Basically It restarts every time I shut down, end up havin to pull the plug..
    It's stalling on boot up at the logo screen. Also it dosen't recognise any media in my dvd drives unless it's there at boot.. Thought this might be a mobo thing but it happens with my virtual drive aswell!!!

Any suggestions welcome..apart from the obvious windoze comments :D

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

service pack 6?

What spec on the PC, is it old

When posting a problem here, its vital to post all information, otherwise you`ll get a pleb like me telling you to get your **** informed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

there is no service pack 6 for Windows 2000 (officially anyway), SP4 is the latest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Yeah, no SP 6 for 2000, only NT 4.0 has SP 6, afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭violenza

Doh!! Not sure were I pulled that 1 from... Sp4 of course:rolleyes:

Anyways the machine is p4 2ghz 512mb ram, 40 and 60 gig drives, LG dvd and a pioneer 106 put it together last year so reasonably up to date gear. I have been giving my new dvd burner a lot of use lately so a lot of big files going about, defraged but no change. the problem recognising media has been there for a while but not always consistant. Might just format but would rather a quick fix.

Thanks for reading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Make sure APM support is switched on in the Power section of Control Panel.. also check the registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/Winlogon/PowerdownAfterShutdown" is set to 1 .. might be the cause of the reboots.

• Advertisement
Advertisement