Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tabs board

Options
  • 22-02-2004 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭

Maybe there should be an instrument tabs board(s) for those young budding musicians? It may be handy as sometimes guitar/bass tabs are crap on sites. If feedback were given or tabs posted (including rare tabs) then maybe it be easier for ppl? Only a suggestion :)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

thats a good idea... people could suggest decent sites too

Flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

No need for this. Tabs and such can be discussed in either the Bands/Musicians or Instruments board.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

".	."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

but in bands/musicians or instruments usually are swarmed with ppl problems or requests.
    if any tabs were posted up there they'd be gone in 2 days because it is so active with other stuff. Try rummaging around in that looking for some decent tabs/tab requests

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Active? You don't visit instruments much, do you? It's quite often only me and Doctor J posting. I don't think there is enough of a demand for a tabs board. It's rare to see a request for tabs in instruments tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Olga and MX Tabs are easily good enough for most people's needs. If you're looking for something rare, posting it in the music forums somewhere should easily get some attention.

www.olga.net
    www.mxtabs.net

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I agree, tabs are more suited to an olga-style place, which you can find at...eh..olga.net.

Feel free to post tab requests obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Would it not be better to put a sticky in The instruments board, entitled "TABS and where to get them"

John

Not another bloody forum

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

yeah, i think Lumps idea is a good one, doesnt look like enough people would go to a forum, and all you need is decent links

Flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Nice idea, not enough demand

i find www.ultimateguitartabs.com is pretty good, but then again i dont play guitar.....im told its good...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

ehh I dunno, there are alot of Irish bands and artists that you wouldn't find on th eusual tab sites... might be an idea as a sorta request forum....

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

This is the sort of thing that stickies are perfect for. Theres no need to discuss tabs... you just need to know where to find them.

Ask the mods of Music, Musicians and/or instruments to agree to sticky a thread in one (and sticky a thread containing a *link* to that thread in the others so there isnt duplication of effort to list all the sites).

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Good idea, thanks I posted on Band/Mussicians...

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

I find this tab site to be good.

Ultimate-Guitar

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Errr.... that aint what this thread is for :)

decision made, thread closed.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

yoink

grrrr... I hate when I do that.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement